Agree!!!

73
Ken ZL4NR

On 19/05/2019 5:55 PM, Gary Hinson wrote:

😊

Thanks, Bob, for second-guessing the ADIF-meisters …. and, well, for everything really.

I wonder how many L32 users appreciate just how much painstaking work goes on behind the scenes to maintain and enhance the software, fix bugs, tweak stuff and all for free.

You’re “awesome” as we Kiwis say.

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: 19 May 2019 14:17
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] 3.50.386 auto-update ...

Johann was a wise man. In todays wired world, he may well have said "Life is too short to drink bad wine, or wait for ADIF to make public their decision as to what exactly FT4 is - a mode or submode". My buddy Julian Assange tells me it has been decreed that FT4 is a submode of MFSK. A closely held secret apparently. Pure speculation on my part, but I suggest they are reluctant to make any public proclamation as it would be a tacit acknowledgement that they screwed up big time when FT8 was given the much coveted mode status ... but wait, the subterfuge has just begun ... how will they undo all the other incorrectly assigned modes/submodes and maintain even a modicum of credibility? ... the spin doctors will be out in force ...

Based on the information provided by Julian (he hasn't let me down yet), I will preempt any formal announcement by ADIF, and release Logger32 v3.50.386 on Monday. SeventyThree(s).