Re: Lost CAT Connection in FT8

Dave Colliau

I have JTDX but I went back to WSTJ-X when the Baker Howland guys were on as JTDX didnt support the Dxpedition mode. Now I see it does so time to play again especially since its all white outside and looks just like winter ;( .

Dave N8DC

On November 10, 2018 at 12:06 PM Jim Hargrave <w5ifp@...> wrote:

Dave, Good Job…

I have a setup for testing WSJT, but prefer to operate using JTDX with Logger32.

Jim – w5ifp-

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Colliau
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2018 10:51 AM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Lost CAT Connection in FT8

Jim apparently I had everything set up in the UDP window but I didnt know about the cat stuff. I will get the new help file today ! By the way I used WSJT-X hound mode and worked VP6D from 12 down to 160 on FT-8 . I never heard them on 10 meters and when I worked them on 160 they were not using the dxpedition mode ? It was fun .

Thanks and 73

Dave N8DC

On November 10, 2018 at 10:50 AM Jim Hargrave <w5ifp@...> wrote:

Dave,

You can setup the radio for JT configuration when you open JT and have it revert to normal when you close JT. It’s all covered in section 5 of the UDP  bandmap in the latest Logger32 help file posted this week..

It’s a work in progress. More capability is forthcoming in the next autoupdate.

Enjoy..

Jim – w5ifp-

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Colliau
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2018 8:24 AM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Lost CAT Connection in FT8

Thats great information Jim. I didnt realize this was happening :).

I had a logging Issue this morning and got that figured out and now I will try running from the UDP window and see what the cat port does. Bob keep up the great work.

Dave N8DC

On November 10, 2018 at 9:10 AM Jim Hargrave <w5ifp@...> wrote:

Pete,

Having a separate Logger32ini for JTDX/WSJT is no longer necessary. Bob has integrated the 2 programs.

You can open/close the JT programs from the UDP Bandmap.

By setting Logger32 to receive frequency from JT, Logger32 will close the radio cat  port, shifting CAT to the JT program.

I would highly recommend you download the latest Logger32 Help file and go through the latest setup recommendations. Aki has done a tremendous job of documenting the JT setup.

Jim – w5ifp-

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Pete Walker
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:10 AM
To: Logger32 (hamlogger@groups.io) <hamlogger@groups.io>
Subject: [hamlogger] Lost CAT Connection in FT8

Hi All

I’m puzzled with this.

I have two configurations of Logger (2nd INI file), one for SSB,CW and RTTY etc, and another that runs with WSJT for FT8.

When I tried to run FT8 today the CAT wont connect to either HF or VHF and WSJT throws up the Reconfigure radio window!

Nothing has changed here, if I try to run my standard Logger 32 session it sees the rigs fine and so does N1MM so I know the settings are good and they are identical in the L32/WSJT configuration.

As soon as I open the WSJT window the re-config radio window opens!!

Has something changed in the linking of the two programs? Has anyone else seen this problem?

Pete

G4RRM

Join hamlogger@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.