Re: Adding Z60 ?

Jacek Marczewski

I have similar problem but I am not using Clublog country database. I was trying to update country list but I was not succesful.
SP5EAQ

It seems the attribute of Z60A from the old QSO (not accepted for DXCC) is taking precedence.

If I delete the old QSO with Z60A, any new QSO with Z60A is seen OK as Kosovo.

If the old QSO is present, the “not accepted fod DXCC” attribute is inherited by Z60A in the new QSO, so when I put Z60A in the entry window it is shown as “not accepted for DXCC”

I have other Z6 QSOs before 21 Jan 2018 and they behave the same, a new QSO with same call like the one worked before will not be seen as Kosovo, so is nothing special about Z60A in particular.

Once the new and valid Z6 QSO is manually modified (country = Kosovo) further QSOs with this call are also Kosovo. The old QSOs remains “not accepted” so all is OK.

I think the problem can be replicated like this:

1. introduce a fake QSO with Z67AAA on a date before 21 Jan 2018

2. set Z67AAA country to “not accepted for DXCC” (first in the country list)

3. type Z67AAA in the entry window – it will be shown as “not accepted for DXCC”

4. type Z67BBB in the entry windows – it will be shown as Republic of Kosovo

Like I mentioned before this is a very easy to fix issue, if you work now a Z6 call you worked before 21 Jan 2018 (it is shown as not accepted for DXCC), just manually set the country to Kosovo for him.

73 Ady YO2NAA

------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Sent:* Friday, January 26, 2018 11:31 AM
*To:* hamlogger@...
*Subject:* Re: [hamlogger] Re: Adding Z60 ?

What if you temporaly remove the qso's you made before Jan 21 2018? Make a note of them first or better backup your original log, and then remove those entries. See what it does when you put Z60A in the Call field of the log entry window.

Op 26.jan.2018 om 10:13 schreef Adrian Fabry @YO2NAA <mailto:@YO2NAA> [hamlogger]:

Not manually, but it restarted by himself as usual, the update process is automatic.

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 11:05 AM, Jan hamlogger@... <mailto:hamlogger@...> [hamlogger] <hamlogger@... <mailto:hamlogger@...>> wrote:

After the updates did you restart Logger32?

Jan PA4JJ

Op 26.jan.2018 om 9:22 schreef Adrian Fabry @YO2NAA <mailto:@YO2NAA> [hamlogger]:

Sure Gary, first I've updated Logger32, than I applied clublog exceptions.

Have you worked Z60A before Jan 21, 2018? Maybe that was the problem in my case...

73 Ady

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 10:07 AM, Gary@... <mailto:Gary@...> [hamlogger] <hamlogger@... <mailto:hamlogger@...>> wrote:

I’m puzzled why some of you are reporting that, having updated the Club Log exceptions, Z6 stations on the air today are shown as “Not accepted for DXCC”.

I worked my first one tonight and he was correctly identified as Kosovo as he was spotted and then as I logged him.

Aside from the Club Log update, have you also updated Logger32 to version 3.50.347 Ady?

Gary  ZL2iFB

*From:* hamlogger@... <mailto:hamlogger@...> [mailto:hamlogger@... <mailto:hamlogger@...>]
*Sent:* Friday, 26 January 2018 8:39 p.m.
*To:* hamlogger@... <mailto:hamlogger@...>

In my particular case, I had Z60A (same call !) worked in 2017..

I have applied the exception list from clublog on 24-Jan-2018, then I worked Z60A.

Logger32 was indicating Z60A I worked on 2018 "not accepted for DXCC", just like in Lorenzo's print screen.

I've manually set the country to Kosovo for the Z60A from 2018 and now all is OK, the 2017 QSO is not accepted for DXCC  but the 2018 QSO is accepted (just perfect).

Also the alerts on DX spots window are working OK now, showing appropriate colors for the Z60A spots on missing bands, modes.

73 Ady YO2NAA

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 11:45 PM, Gary@... <mailto:Gary@...> [hamlogger] <hamlogger@... <mailto:hamlogger@...>> wrote:

Kosovo QSOs before Jan 21^st do not count for DXCC and should
remain as such – if you care about the accuracy of your DXCC
records, that is.  If you just like to know when you have worked
Kosovo, go ahead.

Gary  ZL2iFB

<mailto:hamlogger@...>
[mailto:hamlogger@...
<mailto:hamlogger@...>]
*Sent:* Thursday, 25 January 2018 11:54 p.m.
*To:* hamlogger@... <mailto:hamlogger@...>

​Logger32 did it automatically once you update exception list
from clublog :-), yesterday worked them 30M, need to repeat all
bands because earlier then 21 Jan the QSO's are not
counted............... :-(​

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 12:43 PM, Adrian Fabry @YO2NAA
<mailto:@YO2NAA> [hamlogger] <hamlogger@...
<mailto:hamlogger@...>> wrote:

You can right-click on the QSO and set the country for Z60A
to Kosovo.

73 Ady YO2NAA

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 5:29 AM, Lorenzo Lo Cicero - IK0HFO
l.locicero@... <mailto:l.locicero@...> [hamlogger]
<hamlogger@...
<mailto:hamlogger@...>> wrote:

>
>
> what's the problem??
>
>
> Regards
> IK0HFO
>
>
>
>
>

--

--

Join hamlogger@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.