Re: wsjt-x QSO log import into L32

Michael Harris

I copy the last of the 10 databases to an external HDD. Can't be doing with all this cloud stuff. Local data storage is very inexpensive, why put it in the hands of some virtually unaccountable tech company.

xcopy /y "C:\Radio\Logger32\VP8NO_BACKUP_FULL_010.ZIP" "I:\L32 Backups"
xcopy /y "C:\Radio\Logger32\VP8NO_BACKUP_VP8NO_010.ZIP" "I:\L32 Backups"

This way I have two copies of each, one in the L32 folder and one elsewhere.

As for FT8, I've made close to a thousand exchanges and that's good enough for me. A couple of days ago I chased down 3C0L on CW for some band slot fills and the personal involvement in cracking the pile, no skimmer or other aids, was energising compared to watching the PC do the heavy lifting.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO

On 17/10/2017 01:36, Rick W ve7tk@... [hamlogger] wrote:
Mike Logger32 already has an auto-backup utility.
Click on the Zip databases and Logbook icon (the one at the extreme left of the menu bar) and select schedule. I do a full backup at shutdown to Google Drive but you just give it the path you need!
It keeps the last 10 databases and logbook zip files at shutdown. First in >> First out
As for WSJT-x I delete the wsjt-x.adi file at startup. After operating with WSJT-x at shutdown I import the adi file into Logger32.
I have approached the WSJT-x powers that be and they have shown no interest in writing code to use the Logger32 TCP interface at this time. They suggest I use JT-Alert which I understand gets its data from the UPD interface available in WSJT-x. However, JT-Alert, which does a lot of things besides logging, does not support Logger32.
73,
Rick
VE7TK