Re: Slow down

Terry Burkholder <tabn4tb@...>

Jim

I am NOT using AVG. I use Norton 360 and the computer is scanned at least weekly plus the registry cleaner is run.

It is not a computer problem. I ran great until the upgrade (?) that modified the band map. I think it was 3.49. 178 or there about.

Terry N4TB

On 8/19/2014 1:11 PM, Jim Hargrave w5ifp@... [hamlogger] wrote:

Terry, and others that are running AVG anti-virus

Be sure you add: "C:/Logger32/Logger32.exe" to the AVG PUP exception list.

Otherwise AVG will scan Logger32.exe any time there is any action by the program.
This really slows down the program.

I also suggest you run a Registry cleaner on a regular basis,
If you don't have one, Look at "Glary Utilities". They have a freebie version that does a nice job.

Jim w5ifp@...

On 8/19/2014 4:38 AM, 'John PINK' john_pink@... [hamlogger] wrote:

Terry,

I notice that you are using AVG – have you run the ‘Fix Performance’ feature to clean up you computer?

You may just find that there are a whole bundle of issues that need to be fixed.

John