Re: COM ports vs USB

Carl Preddy <cpreddy@...>

It is possible, in theory, but have your checkbook handy. There are
USB-to-Serial port converters on the market that seem to run around $80. I
just purchased one made by Belkin. After numerous attempts to install,
Win98's stubborn refusal to accept, e-mail to manufacturer, a costly phone
call to listen to music, and voice mail that received no reply, I packed it
up and returned it to the retailer. Bought a mult-IO controller card instead
and everything works fine, but no more free card slots.
Hope you have better luck

Kl0nr@... wrote:

Connecting , Radio control, PTT, Cluster, DATA, and etc.etc.
translates into a lot of Com ports.
I am a novice in using these programs let alone understanding the
details. Is it possible to utilize the USB ports for connecting the
TNC's for the DATA and Cluster windows, as well as for Radio Contol,
possibly more than one. If so how? Any one out there using USB
instead of Com ports?
TXN
Earle

Visit these sites for logger and other downloads:
http://www.itis.net/golist/ and...
http://www.chroniclenetworks.com/~dwm/Logger.htm