Re: LOTW - serious question.

Rick Williams - VE7TK

The way I read this the LoTW totals are correct. L32 must have had the Qs to do that. So here's what I suggest.

1) In L32 go to the Logbook page the one that shows your latest Qs and right click.
2) One of the options is Search for QSO
3) Enter 3Y0X
4) If it is there then I think you may have the awards set incorrectly.

Awards:

1) Click Awards menu at the top bar of L32
2)Click DXCC
3) In the bottom of the DXCC window make sure it say DXCC, All Operators, ALL QSO types, QSL & LoTW Credit and Complete Logbook.

Hopefully these sets should get you back in business. If it all works then you can change the All Types to RTTY or whatever and look for a specific mode.

Of course I could be W-A-Y out to lunch here but for LoTW to have the correct data it must have got it from some place.

73,
Rick
VE7TK

--- In hamlogger@yahoogroups.com, Tom Wylie <tgwylie@...> wrote:

PS Next one I checked is 3Y0X all my QSOs are listed on LOTW and
due confirmation received, but they
are ALL absent in Logger32 - oh god! I have the paper QSL card
somewhere......

Tom
GM4FDM

On 01/12/2012 13:27, Tom Wylie wrote:
Despite being a staunch supporter of LOTW I realise that anything to
do with computers can be screwed up very easily.

I now have a serious question over LOTW. I'm sure its not related to
the recent upload problems, but its something
(for me anyway) is much bigger that that.

I use LOGGER32 freeware and endeavour to keep it up to date.

I backup my log files =- from time to time (ie when I remember)

I use the LOTW upload facility by the american lad - forget his call
and used this setup for years to upload my
LOGGER Log almost on a weekly basis or after a long session. I also
used to use this facility for downoading
QSL information from LOTW and synchronising my own log to LOTW - or so
I thought.

Some months ago I noticed something was wrong and I was busy at the
time did not pursue it. This morning I got my 5M2TT QSL card
for confirmation of RTTY QSOs and was updating LOGGER etc. Knowing
what my DXCC RTTY Total should be including 5M2TT I did
a check on Logger and found a discrepancy of around 30 countries.
Now, I use LOTW as my bible and Logger merely as a logging programme.

I printed out my DXCC Totals from LOTW and set my eye down the list,
comparing it against Logger.

First thing I saw was that LOTW had 3C0 Annobon confirmed in RTTY
whilst Logger had not. Interrogating LOTW further I saw two QSOs
with 3C0M in 2006 which were marked confirmed. I searched my Logger
Log for 3C0M and it is NOT there. I then went to 2006 and search
for October
- NO QSOS in my Logger Log. Weird. It has to be there for it
to be uploaded to LOTW??

My eye was drawn to the QSO Number column in Logger and to my surprise
the numbers are all screwed up - eg:

7th May 2006 HR2/LU1DY QSO Number 51762

next entry in Logger is:

11th June 2006 9M6ZRO QSO Number 55063 (question what
happened to the QSOs between these numbers?)

23 September 2006 OH0I QSO Number 51927

24 September 2006 XW1A QSO Number 51928

11 October 2006 ZL8R QSO Number 59900 (No way did I make
8,000 QSOs between 24 September and 11 October - and yes I made more
than 5 QSOs between
this start and end
date)

there is no continuity of the log between 7th May 2006 and 23
December 2006 when the numbers begin to be sequential again starting
at 51983.

As I said up to earlier this year as well as usiny the utility to
upload my logs and as far as I can tell all uploads were successful, I
was
also using the same utility to download QSL confirmation data from
LOTW and then synchronising my LOG. Result - I have lost 30
countries in Logger32 on my RTTY score. As I am HR No 1 my CW
and SSB scores appear at first glance to be correct at least
the totals are correct. How does Logger issue a number to each QSO?

Is there anybody else using this Utility for frequent uploads to
LOTW? Have you experienced any difficulty with downloads? Does
anybody know whether there are any issues with Logger32 which might
explain my QSO number totals being all screwed. My log
is in sequential date/time order so the QSO numbers should in theory
be the same. Is there anywhere in Logger32 I can find my seemingly
missing QSOs. Should I backup the log this weekend, and then
download my entire log from LOTW and re-install it into Logger32 then
do all the log setting up stuff again? I will of course be
examining my previously backed up ADIF log files..... when I have time.

Sorry for cross posting, but I feel its a chicken and egg kind of
thing when something in one programme might be affecting the way
another works
or maybe not.

Tom
GM4FDM