Web app update

Daniel Ethier

I updated the web app to version 2.2 this afternoon.

I switched from Material Design icons (since their website is down and will not be back for a few days due to some amateur developer behavior, and I don't want to rely on someone who is not reliable) to Font Awesome icons. So you will notice a somewhat new look on the toolbar. But everything is in the same place, so you shouldn't have any trouble figuring out which icon does what.

Dropbox is also changing how they handle access tokens. When you authenticate to Dropbox, they send back an access token that the app uses to list your files, download a file, and upload a changed file. Those tokens use to last forever, but now they will last four hours. So the web app will refresh that token every time you start up the web app. You should not notice any change, unless you leave the web app open for more than four hours! But even then, a reload should fix things.

But you will need to do more than just reload the web app to fully update everything. To insure that you have fully updated the web app you will need to clear out all cache files. In Chrome, choose Clear Browsing Data from the Chrome menu, check cached images and files, then click Clear Data. In Firefox, choose Clear Recent History from the History menu, check Cache, then click OK. In Safari, choose Clear History from the Safari menu, choose All History, then click Clear History. If you do not do this, and need to authenticate to Dropbox again, the web app will not be able to refresh that access token.

I will be updating the Android, iPad, and iPhone apps in early January to handle these same changes by Dropbox, but I still have some testing to do there.

Daniel Ethier

Mike Wolchonok

Hi Daniel,

Not sure what you are talking about. I checked my version and it seems it is already 2.2, so I am confused. I haven't updated it in while, so enlighten me.

--

Best,

Mike  Õ¿Õ¬   |  (781-953-6844   | *: mwolchmd@...

Daniel Ethier

Version 2.2 is the new version. Version 2.1 was released last summer. Mostly likely you opened the web app and that got you the current version. Quite often it works that way. But do follow the directions to empty the cache of saved web pages so that you will also get the new versions of the other web pages the web app uses when authenticating to Dropbox.