Topics

New version of Gradekeeper web app

Daniel Ethier

Version 2.1 of the Gradekeeper web app has been released.

  • This version adds the ability to override the computed grade for a student (click the student's term grade to open the edit student window, then enter the percent you would like to lock in as the term grade, or clear the percent to go back to using the computed grade). Locked grades will be shown in square brackets.
  • You can now sort assignments manually. Click the sort button at the top center and choose Sort Assignments Custom. A window listing all your assignments for the current term will be shown. Drag and drop assignments into the order you want. Click Sort.
  • The class summary report will now include the semester grade (for the last term in the semester) and the year grade (for the last term in the year). To see these, in Report Options, you must uncheck attendance (if you show attendance, you will only see the current term grade), and check the semester grade and/or year grade options.
  • Some bug fixes.

To use the new version, open the web app and refresh (hold the shift key and click the reload button in Chrome and Firefox, clear the history in Safari and reload).

Daniel Ethier

Patricia Samuelsen

Wow!  It’s like Christmas in June.  All my fondest hopes are realized.  :-)

Thank you for all your work, Daniel!

Pat

On Jun 27, 2020, at 10:14 AM, Daniel Ethier <dethier@...> wrote:

[...]

Mr. Werth

Awesome!  Great job,  Sir!  You're the best.   I really appreciate you.   Have a great summer.

--

Mr. Michael L. Werth, Educational Technology and AP Mathematics Teacher

Central High School Knights Mathematics and Computer Science Department

Central High School

70 Fricker Street

Providence, RI 02903

Ph: (401)456-9111/9112

Fx: (401)456-9113

"Not voting is not a protest.  It is a surrender." - Keith Ellison, DNC Deputy Chair

“Do. Or do not. There is no try.”  -  Yoda

“Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable." ― Cesar A. Cruz

“We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment. ” ― Jim Rohn

"Hey, I am not my hair.  I am not this skin.  I am not your expectation.  No, I am not my hair.  I am not this skin.  I am a soul that lives within."  - India Arie

"The reason why so little is done, is generally because so little is attempted." - Samuel Smiles

"Every thing that is explained to a pupil which he can find out for himself robs him of so much education." - Abbie G. Hall

"I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear. "  - Rosa Parks

 "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will." - Vince Lombardi

"The man (or woman!) who makes a success of an important venture never wails for the crowd.  He (or She!) strikes out for himself (or herself!).  It takes nerve, it takes a great lot of grit; but the man that succeeds has both. Anyone can fail.  The public admires the man who has enough confidence in himself to take a chance.  These chances are the main things after all.  The man who tries to succeed must expect to be criticized.  Nothing important was ever done but the greater number consulted previously doubted the possibility.  Success is the accomplishment of that which most people think can't be done." - C. V. White

“I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.” - Leonardo da Vinci

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be.” – Thomas Jefferson

Martha Payne

Thank you, Daniel.
Marha

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 11:14 AM Daniel Ethier <dethier@...> wrote:
[...]

Christine Battle

Awesome!  Thank you, Daniel.

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020, 11:14 AM Daniel Ethier <dethier@...> wrote:
[...]

Daniel,

I was excited today to try out the custom sorting, but . . .  no joy.

I checked that I am running version 2.1.

I clicked on the sort button and then on Sort Assignments Custom.

Noting happens.  No sorting window.

I’m using Safari.

[...]

I just tried on Safari with the Dropbox edition (is that what you're using?) and the window shows up. Make sure you have assignments with no blank columns mixed in.

Daniel Ethier

Patricia Samuelsen

I think it was the blank assignments I like to use for dividers.  When I took them out, the sort worked.  Thank you so much for this feature.

Pat