Grade reports emailed to wrong parents

sstangil@...

For the past two weeks, the reports I’ve emailed out to my one class are for students from a different class or previous years.

Example:  John would get Jane’s report from this year. Or John would get Jack’s report from last year.

I’ve checked the email addresses for the affected kids.  The email address in the app is correct.  The families are getting the wrong reports.

Thank you for your help.

Daniel Ethier

Is this with the web app? Are you using Gmail or another web service? First thing to try is reloading the web app in your browser while holding the shift key.

Make sure you are opening the correct class. The program only knows about the class you open. There is no way it could send a report for a different class unless you open that class, since it would not have that in memory. Ideally, you should only have your current classes in your Dropbox. Put the older classes inside a folder so the web app cannot see them.

Daniel Ethier

sstangil@...

I'm using the web app through Google on a Mac.

Only one class is open.  An email is sent to current students on my roster, but the report is someone else's.  And, it is only the last half of one class that gets the wrong report.  The last time I sent them, the reports were for students I had 2 years ago and I hadn't opened that file since then.  It keeps happening for the same class.

I will reload the app.

Daniel Ethier

Are you using the Dropbox edition or the Google Drive edition? Could you send me the actual class? Email it to dethier@... ... do not post it here for everyone to see.