GB2369: Sunday 20 November: Wine Tasting Event in Chiswick

Gordon

Message 2369:

SUNDAY 20 NOVEMBER (afternoon/early evening): PORTFOLIO WINE TASTING at CHISWICK CATHOLIC CENTRE (half-price tickets - £7.50 - for "Gordon's friends" when booked/paid through Eventbrite)

(Optional) Meeting, Transport and Venue Details:  Meet Gordon on Sunday 20 November, between 3pm and 3.10pm, at Turnham Green tube station (District Line, Zones, 2/3) in the ticket hall. We will go to Chiswick Catholic Centre, 2 Dukes Avenue, W4 2AE. To see a map showing the location of the centre, click on https://tinyurl.com/ymhd23bc . If you would find it more convenient, you could instead use Chiswick Park tube station (District Line, Ealing Broadway Branch, Zone 3), only slightly further than Turnham Green station.

The Event:  We will have the opportunity to try some of the wine gems from Bulgaria, and to learn more about Bulgarian wines. We will also be able to sample some Italians wines, such as an organic Ligurian Pigato, Garnaccia, Roero Arneis and Barbaresco. This event is organised by Ivo Varbanov ( http://ivovarbanov.com ). Many of you will remember Ivo as the organiser of the Clerkenwell International Music Series and a series of concerts at this same venue, in Chiswick. In additional to Ivo's wines, the following wineries will be represented: Ketri Wines; Rossidi Winery ( https://rossidi.com ); Maryan Winery; Marash Winery; Bratanov Winery; Villa Melnik Winery; La Pietra del Focolare ( https://www.lapietradelfocolare.it ); Cornarea ( https://www.cornarea.com  ); Bio Vio (  http://www.biovio.it/it ); and Cantina Pertinace ( https://www.pertinace.com ).

Timings:  The doors will start at 3pm and end at 7pm, and you may arrive and leave whenever you wish between these times.

Booking Procedure and Pricing:  Ivo has kindly offered up to 30 tickets at half price for my group. There is no deadline for booking, but if you plan to attend, I suggest you book while places remain. Click on https://tinyurl.com/3wjafyn7 , then click on "proceed to this site", and then on "Tickets". Click on "Enter promo code" and type (or copy and paste) GORDON_WINE and then click on "Apply". You should see that each ticket price has been reduced by 50%. The full price is £15 (plus Eventbrite's booking fee of £1.76), but we are able to buy tickets at £7.50 (plus a booking fee of £1.18). Select the number of tickets you want to purchase from each category and go to "Checkout". Immediately after booking, you should receive an e-mail confirmation. There is no need to print your ticket, or show it on a mobile device, as your name will be on the guest list. If you choose not to book and pay in advance, I am afraid that you will need to pay the full price of your tickets at the door. Should you decide to order any wine during the event, the cost of your entrance will be deducted from the cost of your order.

SUMMARY OF FUTURE EVENTS (more details nearer the time, except where full details have already been posted)

Tues 25 Oct: London Firebird Orchestra concert at St. George's, Hanover Square, starting at 7.30pm (50 tickets at the special price of £5, but advance purchase required - deadline: 6pm on Sun 23 Oct - see details at https://groups.io/g/gordonbeal/message/2366 );

Fri 28 Oct: "Toyko Colours" exhibition opening at Tokyo Park, 44A Charlotte Road, EC2A 3PD, from 5pm to about 9pm, or when the drinks run out (free event, but booking with Martim, the curator, required by 10pm on Tues 25 Oct - click on https://groups.io/g/gordonbeal/message/2367 for details);

Sat 29 and Sun 30 Oct: Dance Around the World ( https://www.datw.org.uk ), Camden Town (reduced price of £8, normally £17, each day for "Gordon's friends" on the door, with no booking required - click on https://groups.io/g/gordonbeal/message/2368 for details);

Sun 6 Nov, 12.50pm/1pm: Wimbledon Park tube to walk to the Loy Krathong festival at the Thai Buddhist Temple (Wat Buddhapadipa - https://www.watbuddhapadipa.org/home - scroll down to see the flyer), 14 Calonne Road, SW19 5HJ (free event, finishing around 5pm, with no booking required);

Sat 12 Nov, 1pm/1.10pm: Blackfriars tube to go to the Lord Mayor's Show (free event with no booking required);

Sun 20 Nov: Wine Tasting (details above).