GB2367: Friday 28 October: Japanese Art Exhibition Opening: Tokyo Colours at Tokyo Park Gallery

Gordon

Message 2367:

FRIDAY 28 OCTOBER (evening): PRIVATE VIEW: "TOKYO COLOURS" at TOKYO PARK in SHOREDITCH (free event, but booking with the curator required by 10pm on Tuesday 25 October)

Please join me for the opening of a group exhibition at Tokyo Park, starting at 5pm and ending around 9pm. The curator, Martim Moreira Barroso, has kindly invited my group of friends to attend, but booking is required.

The Exhibition:  This exhibition introduces the work of five contemporary Japanese artists (Ashiya Shiguma - https://www.instagram.com/ashiyasigma/?hl=en-gb , Mayumi Konno - https://www.mayumikonno.com , SaiakuNana - https://www.saiakunanachan.com/saiakunanachan , Neko - https://www.instagram.com/0n0e0k0o/?hl=en - and TYM344 - https://www.tym344.com/about-en ). After a year of preparation, the project will become the first group exhibition dedicated to the new Japanese Aesthetic Movement in London, with five Japanese artists each with their own perspectives, presented under Martim’s curatorial vision. For more information, click on https://www.tokyoparkgallery.com/exhibitions . To read more about Martim, who hails from Portugal, click on https://www.tokyoparkgallery.com/about .

To RSVP:  To book your place, please e-mail Martim by no later than 10pm on Tuesday 25 October at info@... , with "RSVP for 28 Oct/GB" in the subject heading. (The initials GB indicate to Martim that you know about the event through me.) In the text of your message, please include your name, with your family name in UPPER CASE letters to make it easier for Martim to compile the guest list in alphabetic order. If you are bringing guests, please indicate the total number (for example, John SMITH + 2). As long as you reserve your place by the deadline, you should receive an acknowledgement within about 24 hours of your booking request.

Meeting, Transport and Venue Details:  Owing to the fact that the gallery is roughly equidistant between two stations served by different lines, and most of you will find one station more convenient than the other, I will not have a meeting point at a station, but I will meet you in the gallery. I aim to arrive between 5.15pm and 5.30pm. The nearest stations are Old Street (Northern Line, Bank Branch, and National Rail, Zone 1) and Shoreditch High Street (London Overground, Zone 1). The address of the gallery is Tokyo Park, 44A Charlotte Road, EC2A 3PD. To view a map, click on https://tinyurl.com/scbndrb5 .

SUMMARY OF FUTURE EVENTS (more details nearer the time, except where full details have already been posted)

Wed 12 Oct: piano recital given by Marc Corbett-Weaver at St. George's, Hanover Square, starting at 7.30pm (50 tickets at the special price of £5, but advance purchase required - see details at https://groups.io/g/gordonbeal/message/2365 - the deadline for booking has passed, but the discount code is still working, so you could try);

Tues 25 Oct: London Firebird Orchestra concert at St. George's, Hanover Square, starting at 7.30pm (50 tickets at the special price of £5, but advance purchase required - deadline: 6pm on Sun 23 Oct - see details at https://groups.io/g/gordonbeal/message/2366 );

Fri 28 Oct: "Toyko Colours" exhibition opening (details above);

Sat 29 and Sun 30 Oct: Dance Around the World ( https://www.datw.org.uk ), Camden Town - reduced price of £8 (normally £17) each day for "Gordon's friends" on the door, with no booking required.