Re: Event last night 20200922 0354UTC

Denis Vida

Hi all,
it looks like a large piece of a Jupiter-family comet:
Radiant (apparent ground-fixed, epoch of date):
  R.A.      = 164.25953 deg
  Dec       =  +6.18621 deg
  Azimuth   =  82.37776 deg
  Elevation =  +2.03158 deg
  Vavg      =  34.01099 km/s
  Vinit     =  34.11634 km/s
Radiant (geocentric, J2000):
  R.A.   = 165.92616 deg
  Dec    =  +3.82362 deg
  Vg     =  31.96032 km/s
  Vinf   =  33.83580 km/s
  Zc     =  87.97592 deg
  Zg     =  91.12807 deg
Orbit:
  La Sun = 179.328848 deg
  a      =   2.556608 AU
  e      =   0.884846
  i      =   2.925112 deg
  peri   = 239.667267 deg
  node   = 359.309870 deg
  Pi     = 238.977136 deg
  q      =   0.294404 AU
  f      = 120.353798 deg
  M      =   9.783826 deg
  Q      =   4.818811 AU
  n      =   0.241106 deg/day
  T      =   4.087868 years
  Last perihelion JD = 2459074.084069 (2020-08-12 14:01:03.590173)
  Tj     =   2.687834

The parent body search is inconclusive (minimum D_SH of 0.155), and that part of the parameter space is densely populated so anything like that is just random chance. Note that the map does not contain the complete meteor, last 1/4 is missing becuase there were already more than enough points for a good trajectory solution.
Nothing to write home about really...

If someone really wants to reduce all stations, I can send them the raw files.

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 7:06 PM Denis Vida <denis.vida@...> wrote:
Hi all,
thank you all for a quick response, we have it from 8 GMN stations, and it was detected on most. I will make a quick solution just to see if the orbit is interesting, and if it is, we'll make a more detailed reduction. I'm attaching a few images from various stations, most of which were already posted here.

Cheers,
Denis

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 6:10 PM Jim Rowe <jim.rowe@...> wrote:
I got it on UFO capture, and can forward files about 24 hours from now when I get home. Regards,  Jim Rowe

Join globalmeteornetwork@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.