From: gingery-machines@groups.io [mailto:gingery-machines@groups.io] On Behalf Of Nick Andrews
Sent: June-09-21 10:45 AM
To: gingery-machines@groups.io
Subject: [gingery-machines] Gingery shaper patterns available

If anyone is interested in paying shipping, I have Rick Sparber's patterns used for casting parts to make the Gingery shaper.  I think I also printed out all of his modifications to the original design, all of which were improvements.  Not crazy heavy either.  Too much stuff to fit in one flat rate box though.Shipping from San Antonio, TX.

Bill in OKC too

I was going to volunteer to take them if no-one else did, but I think your place would be a better home!

Bill in OKC

William R. Meyers, MSgt, USAF(Ret.)

LAZARUS LONG (Robert A. Heinlein)

On Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 02:52:50 PM CDT, John Dammeyer <johnd@...> wrote:

I'd be interested.  Shipping to Canada, Victoria, BC. V8Z 5P8

John Dammeyer

If anyone is interested in paying shipping, I have Rick Sparber's patterns used for casting parts to make the Gingery shaper.  I think I also printed out all of his modifications to the original design, all of which were improvements.  Not crazy heavy either.  Too much stuff to fit in one flat rate box though.Shipping from San Antonio, TX.

John Dammeyer

I have a folder with all his changes that he documented.  But I guess it depends on shipping.  If it costs more than paint, filler and the wood then I'd probably make my own.

John

If anyone is interested in paying shipping, I have Rick Sparber's patterns used for casting parts to make the Gingery shaper.  I think I also printed out all of his modifications to the original design, all of which were improvements.  Not crazy heavy either.  Too much stuff to fit in one flat rate box though.Shipping from San Antonio, TX.

Nick Andrews

Well they're yours if you want them. I promised Rick I'd pass them along and as I no longer need them...  They look to be in great condition.

I can put them in a box and weigh it to calculate shipping costs.  The printed stuff is about a full ream worth of paper so if I toss that it'll save you some moola.  I could also leave out the large round wheel/pulley blank that should be very easy to make to shave weight more.

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021, 3:10 PM John Dammeyer <johnd@...> wrote:

I have a folder with all his changes that he documented.  But I guess it depends on shipping.  If it costs more than paint, filler and the wood then I'd probably make my own.

John

If anyone is interested in paying shipping, I have Rick Sparber's patterns used for casting parts to make the Gingery shaper.  I think I also printed out all of his modifications to the original design, all of which were improvements.  Not crazy heavy either.  Too much stuff to fit in one flat rate box though.Shipping from San Antonio, TX.

John Dammeyer

I guess we have to weigh [SIC] the costs of disposal and reprinting verses shipping costs.  How about a weight of the whole works and then without the paper.  Shame to throw out all the paper.  Or the round blank.

John

If anyone is interested in paying shipping, I have Rick Sparber's patterns used for casting parts to make the Gingery shaper.  I think I also printed out all of his modifications to the original design, all of which were improvements.  Not crazy heavy either.  Too much stuff to fit in one flat rate box though.Shipping from San Antonio, TX.

John Dammeyer

You said it would require two boxes. I know it's a pain to ship it across the border so if that is too much trouble and someone else has a foundry and wants them I would step aside.

Otherwise let's find out what shipping them will cost.
John.

Sent from my Samsung S10

If anyone is interested in paying shipping, I have Rick Sparber's patterns used for casting parts to make the Gingery shaper.  I think I also printed out all of his modifications to the original design, all of which were improvements.  Not crazy heavy either.  Too much stuff to fit in one flat rate box though.Shipping from San Antonio, TX.

John Dammeyer

To expand on this.  If I was sending a 32" x 16" x 8" 14 lb box to Texas this is what I'd have to pay not including any duty and taxes and that's the lowest. With that sort of cost I think it will be better if it goes somewhere more local.

Thanks for offering them.

John

If anyone is interested in paying shipping, I have Rick Sparber's patterns used for casting parts to make the Gingery shaper.  I think I also printed out all of his modifications to the original design, all of which were improvements.  Not crazy heavy either.  Too much stuff to fit in one flat rate box though.Shipping from San Antonio, TX.

John Dammeyer

Sure.