From: gingery-machines@groups.io [mailto:gingery-machines@groups.io] On Behalf Of dk54321 via groups.io
Sent: May-31-21 11:03 AM
To: gingery-machines@groups.io
Subject: [gingery-machines] CAD Software Recomendations?

I'm taking a class in SolidWorks, so I have a SolidWorks license through the school. I'm looking for a CAD program for cheap or free, with a reasonable learning curve for users familiar with SolidWorks, preferably one that will run on older computers.

Ethan Allred

Solidworks is planning on having a low-cost subscription version released this year with most of the standard features, targeted towards makers and the like. I'd recommend either that or just Fusion360 on a free license.

On Mon, May 31, 2021, 13:19 John Dammeyer <johnd@...> wrote:

If you aren't running Linux and it's a hobby then Fusion360 which is web based is free and very very good.

If you are using it for work-work and need a few extra features AlibreCAD starts to be the lowest cost entry point.

John

I'm taking a class in SolidWorks, so I have a SolidWorks license through the school. I'm looking for a CAD program for cheap or free, with a reasonable learning curve for users familiar with SolidWorks, preferably one that will run on older computers.

John Dammeyer

I forgot there is also Alibre Atom which is the low cost hobby version.

I'm taking a class in SolidWorks, so I have a SolidWorks license through the school. I'm looking for a CAD program for cheap or free, with a reasonable learning curve for users familiar with SolidWorks, preferably one that will run on older computers.

JOHN DOUCET

One of the perks of being a member of the Experimental Aircraft Association www.eaa.org is a free student license for Solidworks.  If I remember right, it's about $40 a year for the membership.

John