Re: CAD Software Recomendations?

Ethan Allred

Solidworks is planning on having a low-cost subscription version released this year with most of the standard features, targeted towards makers and the like. I'd recommend either that or just Fusion360 on a free license.

On Mon, May 31, 2021, 13:19 John Dammeyer <johnd@...> wrote:

If you aren't running Linux and it's a hobby then Fusion360 which is web based is free and very very good.

If you are using it for work-work and need a few extra features AlibreCAD starts to be the lowest cost entry point.

John

From: gingery-machines@groups.io [mailto:gingery-machines@groups.io] On Behalf Of dk54321 via groups.io
Sent: May-31-21 11:03 AM
To: gingery-machines@groups.io
Subject: [gingery-machines] CAD Software Recomendations?

I'm taking a class in SolidWorks, so I have a SolidWorks license through the school. I'm looking for a CAD program for cheap or free, with a reasonable learning curve for users familiar with SolidWorks, preferably one that will run on older computers.

Join gingery-machines@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.