Re: Bearing cross reference

Nick Andrews

Aye, though I was hoping to not take them out first, although it's not like I need to run the mill every day.  sat in my garage and then this shed for at least 6 years unused, so...

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 7:10 AM Terry Coombs <snagone@...> wrote:
On 5/12/2021 11:37 PM, Nick Andrews wrote:
> I thought maybe someone here could help me figure out what bearings are
> used in the idler shaft on my South Bend vertical mill.   The manual
> shows them as sealed bearings PT7061M1.  The motor is nice and quiet,
> but the jack shaft is not.
>
> Also thinking I should get spare belts too.  Any thoughts?   Thanks.

   The easiest way I've found to match bearings is to take them with you
to a supply house and have them match them . The second easiest way is
to measure the OD , ID , thickness , and what type of shield . FWIW VXB
on eBay has done me well ...
--
Snag
Race only matters to racists ...