Re: Overall footprint of machines #lathe #mill #shaper

Brandon Nugent

I realize I am late to answering this (over a year), but my footprint for the lathe is approximately 38"x25".  Probably not the most efficient use of space, but there is room at least on the bench to reach around and swap belts, turn the leadscew, etc.  Also my power switch and variable speed control is on a plate that extends away from the lathe and is easy to reach.

The plan is to build a concrete table (much like Makercise), and have enough room around it to do what I need, hold tools as needed and store the rest beneath in some drawers.

Join gingery-machines@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.