Re: Case Hardening the Permanent Spindle #lathe

Bill in OKC too

The spindle should not ever get mangled from hard materials. You'll likely use a center in it, or a chuck or faceplate on it, and the material should never actually touch the spindle.

Bill in OKC

William R. Meyers, MSgt, USAF(Ret.)

LAZARUS LONG (Robert A. Heinlein)

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 06:25:19 PM CDT, Brandon Nugent <nugentmakes@...> wrote:

Thanks Ethan, Thanks Bill.

I am moving forward and if the spindle gets mangled from harder materials, I will clean it up and re-evaluate the need for hardening.

Join gingery-machines@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.