GFMD IMPACT gfmdIMPACT@groups.io
Welcome to this email list of GFMD IMPACT - the International Media Policy and Advisory Centre - an initiative of the Global Forum for Media Development to convene donors, practitioners, researchers and academia to exchange perspectives, experiences and knowledge in planning, implementing, supporting, and programming media development and journalism support projects.
What kind of information is shared on the GFMD IMPACT mailing list?
GFMD uses the mailing list to announce future events and opportunities and share details from previous events. For example…
MEETING REPORT: Theories of change and impact measurement On 15 March GFMD, the Center for International Media Assistance (CIMA) and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) co-convened the first meeting of GFMD IMPACT bringing together over 80 donors, media assistance organisations and researchers. A summary of the discussions is now available at this link: https://impact.gfmd.info/meeting-reports/march-2021
How does the GFMD IMPACT mailing list work?
As well as reading the whole report you can also go directly to the summaries of the three case studies and breakout groups: Theories of change in media and governance programmes, PRIMED - Protecting Independent Media for Effective Development, Measuring the impact of investigative reporting
- As well as sharing GFMD IMPACT meeting announcements and reports, we share the latest case studies, academic studies, research, indicators and data sources, evaluation and impact reports, and guides that have been published on our resource centre. No more than once a week!
- As a member of the GFMD IMPACT list, you are invited to use the mailing list to share resources to be added to https://impact.gfmd.info/ and, potentially, for discussion at future meetings.
We don’t spam your inbox!To ensure emails from the list do not flood your inbox, the team running GFMD IMPACT - Mira Milosevic, Tom Law and Ivana Bjelic Vucinic:
- Send a maximum of one email a week
- Pre-screen all messages sent by members to the list (the vast majority of emails sent by members of the list will not be shared directly to the group. They will be summarised in periodic digests collated by the GFMD IMPACT team)
How can GFMD IMPACT support you?
Contact the GFMD IMPACT help desk to request advice or policy insights to inform your programme or strategy design by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All the best,
Mira, Tom and Ivana - the GFMD IMPACT team
- 278 Members
- 18 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to members only.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.