Topics

CW Round Table - Tue, 01/22/2019 8:00pm-9:00pm #cal-reminder

fococw@groups.io Calendar <fococw@...>

Reminder:
CW Round Table

When:
Tuesday, 22 January 2019
8:00pm to 9:00pm
(GMT-07:00) America/Denver

Where:
28.040 with coordination on NCARC 145.115 repeater

View Event

Eric Tamme

Since I am hopeful that we will have some new listeners, or participants, I wanted to let people know the format.

At 8pm I will start calling "CQ FCCW DE KK0ECT QNI K"  - QNI is a traffic net code which means "please check in".

Send your call - I will acknowledge you by sending back something like "R N0CAL", please then send your call and your name e.g.  "N0CAL BOB K".  I will then say "TU BOB" and start calling "QNI K" again.

Listen for other checkins, their calls and their names.  When I am done taking checkins I will say "QNS" - another traffic net code which means "the stations present are...."  and I will send all the calls, and their names e.g. "N0CAL BOB ES N7CAL ART ES ..."  Pay attention and try to copy the calls and names of people present.

From here I will usually give some short intro/thanking people for coming and then pass the conversation to some one either by asking them a question or saying "TO YOU BOB - N0CAL".  Bob will speak for some time then pass to some one else, and this repeats.  This is why we generally call it a round table rather than a "net".  After your have had your turn, if you do not know who to pass to you can always say "BTU KK0ECT"  or "BT NET" and I will handle the next passing off.

IMPORTANT

We normally operate around 20wpm.  If you are planning on being present and would like us to operate at a lower speed PLEASE respond to this email and let us know what you are comfortable with - we will work at whatever speed we need to to include others.

If you are on tonight and need us to slow down - please send "QRS" at any time - I work in QSK so I will be able to hear you even if I am in the middle of sending.

I hope to hear you all tonight.

-73 Eric / KK0ECT