Re: Seek inexpensive paddle

Jeremy Turner

I'd recommend the uniHAM UNI-730A. I also have the MFJ paddle, and greatly prefer the 730A. It runs about $50 on ebay or Aliexpress (if you are patient with shipping), or a bit higher from a dealer located in the USA.

73, Jeremy / N0AW

On Aug 31, 2020, at 13:19, Mark Holbrook <markholbrook@...> wrote:

Dave, Eric,

I too do not recommend going too cheap.  Eric, KK0ECT has a chinese paddle that was ok but I don't remember the name of it.

If you are going to make a serious attempt at CW then you should have a reasonable quality paddle as it is the first thing you will feel when sending CW.   I believe that having a cheap paddle can turn you off as you will make far more mistakes.

Mark - WS7M

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020, at 11:28, cw guy wrote:
Hi Eric,

You might not want to go TOO cheap - there is junk out there too.  I hope you have others respond to your request.

While not under $50, but for a bit more, this place has some options: https://www.americanmorse.com/

I have their Porta-Paddle which I use for SOTA ops - seems to work well as a portable paddle for me.   I have others - Kent, and Vibroplex, but those are easily twice or more the price you are looking for.

Maybe someone will offer you a used one...!

Good luck in your search -

Dave N0DET

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 11:10 AM Eric L. Johnson <ericlee.johnson@...> wrote:
Hello:
I am very new to HAM radio and am enrolled
in a CW training course.
I need a recommendation for an inexpensive (<$50)
paddle for use in the course and with a QCX+
receiver I am building.
As the Palm Pico Paddle is no longer available I
am looking for a substitute and would be most
grateful for any recommendations.

Thanks,
Eric Johnson [No call sign yet :-]

--