Re: CW Round Table - Tue, 02/26/2019 8:00pm-9:00pm #cal-reminder

Eric Tamme

Hey Dave,

I am happy to move the freq. up - for tonight lets keep it on 7.028 and QSY up if needed.

I chose 7.028 to keep out of the itu region 1/3 space where ssb is allowed from 7075-7100, and the Canadian band plan where SSB is "recommended" from 7040 up.

To be fair, I have limited experience operating on 40m so I am not aware of where "quiet" places might be, though I am under the impression that 7120 is likely in the heart of Canadian SSB operation.

Lets try to find a place that "feels more comfortable" to both General, and Tech licenses b/c that is of significant importance.

Hope to hear you tonight Dave - looking forward to hearing about your meetings.

-Eric / KK0ECT

On February 26, 2019 at 2:57 PM Dave Swartz <swartzdave@...> wrote:

Hi gang,

I was wondering if there is an importance for being on 7.028 over something maybe a little higher up, but less crowded.

I always consider 7.028 the very edge of my allowance / all Generals/Tech/Novices, and sometimes there’s a good DX hanging out there that I would hate to cover up with a conversation that’s only really local.  Propagation should be the same if we went up 97 kHz to 7.120 MHz, still OK for all classes to operate.  I’m thinking even internal tuners should have a range to move up 100kHz, but depends.  That part of the band is virtually empty, so less likely to cover up DX and others like the crowded section, and would give us 2kHz to spare on the edge of the all-class operating window.

Just a suggestion.

I hope to make it tonight.

73
Dave
W0DAS

On Feb 26, 2019, at 12:00 PM, fococw@groups.io Calendar < fococw@groups.io> wrote:

Reminder:
CW Round Table

When:
Tuesday, 26 February 2019
8:00pm to 9:00pm
(GMT-07:00) America/Denver

Where:
7.028 Mhz with coordination on NCARC 145.115 repeater

View Event

Join fococw@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.