What are you all doing with Military Records?

calicata

Under facts, there is no option for "Military"?  I want to put enlistment dates.

Anyway to signify war veterans in records?  Suggestions?

Thanks!

Julia Vokes

Hi
There should be, I’m pretty sure that it is a standard event but make sure that you are looking at the complete list of events and attributes and not just the short list of facts

Regards
Julia

Sheila Bryant

You can always install the Military History for Property Box Fact Set download. It's easy to do and has pretty much every military fact you could want - it certainly covers everything I've come up with so far! It's at  https://www.fhug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=fhugdownloads:contents:military_history

Cheers

--
Sheila

Jenny Cochrane

Hi there

You can easily create your own custom facts - I’ve done it quite a lot as people in my tree did eg. charitable and public works which don’t fit the standard fact set.

I’m sure there will be info in help, but essentially in the facts properties box, click on ‘more’ and then ‘new’.

Jenny

On 22 May 2020, at 18:54, calicata@... wrote:

Under facts, there is no option for "Military"?  I want to put enlistment dates.

Anyway to signify war veterans in records?  Suggestions?

Thanks!

Mike Tate

In Tools > Fact Types in the top Fact Set box choose Extended Set and then lower right tick Show Hidden.

There are plenty of Military related facts provide there.

Select any one you like and click Edit then untick Hidden and click OK.

Regards, Mike Tate

Under facts, there is no option for "Military"?  I want to put enlistment dates.

Anyway to signify war veterans in records?  Suggestions?

Thanks!

calicata

Thank you Mike, that worked like a charm.  And thanks to all your suggestions Everyone!

Under facts, there is no option for "Military"?  I want to put enlistment dates.

Anyway to signify war veterans in records?  Suggestions?

Thanks!

Image removed by sender.

Randy Dykhuis

I downloaded the Military History Property Box Fact Set and have found it to be very helpful in recording info from a variety of military history sources. It is very full-featured so if you only want to capture a couple of facts, you may find it overkill.

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 2:11 PM Sheila Bryant <sheila@...> wrote:
You can always install the Military History for Property Box Fact Set download. It's easy to do and has pretty much every military fact you could want - it certainly covers everything I've come up with so far! It's at  https://www.fhug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=fhugdownloads:contents:military_history

Cheers

On Fri, 22 May 2020 at 18:54, <calicata@...> wrote:
Under facts, there is no option for "Military"?  I want to put enlistment dates.

Anyway to signify war veterans in records?  Suggestions?

Thanks!

--
Sheila

Sheila Bryant