Tree disappearance

shelmerdine78@...

Hi,
I am new to FH, have imported my family tree, all OK. However I have begun a new tree as a gift for my daughter-in-law & this tree is no longer listed under projects, where has it gone?. Can anyone help?
Regards
Chris

Mike Tate

Hi Chris,

Presumably, when you imported that family tree, you used File > Project Window > New Project… and ‘Import a GEDCOM file’.

Did you use a similar technique to create the new gift tree via New Project… but chose ‘Start a new project’?

Those are the only ways of creating a Project.

Alternatively, maybe by a ‘new tree’ you mean a Chart Diagram tree based on the imported family tree.

They won’t be listed in the Project Window and must be saved using Diagram > Save Diagram and retrieved using Charts > Saved Charts…

Mike Tate