Transfer to New PC Help, please

Sue Paul

Good Afternoon

I have just bought a new PC and appear to have done something very stupid.

I backed up and copied over all my data, including my Family Historian data. Installed Family Historian on my new PC, checked that it was working for all my projects and then uninstalled it from my old PC.

Unfortunately, I did not check carefully enough and failed to notice that my Custom ID was no longer available.

Having uninstalled Family HIstorian on my old PC, is there any way I can get my custom ID back? Please?

I will be eternally grateful if anyone can help.

KInd regards,

Sue

Sue Paul

Good afternoon

I panicked too early and have managed to sort out the problem.

KInd regards,

Sue

On Sat, 17 Apr 2021 at 15:44, Sue Paul via groups.io <suecarolpaul=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Good Afternoon

I have just bought a new PC and appear to have done something very stupid.

I backed up and copied over all my data, including my Family Historian data. Installed Family Historian on my new PC, checked that it was working for all my projects and then uninstalled it from my old PC.

Unfortunately, I did not check carefully enough and failed to notice that my Custom ID was no longer available.

Having uninstalled Family HIstorian on my old PC, is there any way I can get my custom ID back? Please?

I will be eternally grateful if anyone can help.

KInd regards,

Sue

Mike Tate

Hi Sue,

I guess you mean the User Credentials associated with Internet Data Matches.

I also wonder if you copied across all your customisation settings for Diagrams, Reports, Queries, Plugins, Facts Sets, etc, etc…

See FHUG Knowledge Base ‘Family Historian Copy and Migration Guide’:

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/family-historian-copy-and-migration-guide/

You could try reinstalling FH on the old PC and migrating whatever might be missing.

If that does not help then you are no worse off than now.

If the User Credentials cannot be updated then you may have to review all the Internet Data Matches again.

I don’t know if you ask Calico Pie whether they can supply the User Credentials that go with your copy of FH.

Mike Tate

Sue Paul

MIke

Thanks. For the moment, I think I have retrieved everything but I shall keep your emails just in case.

KInd regards,

Sue