Snapshots

Robert Jordan

I do not know exactly when snapshots are created. It is however a very good tool if something goes wrong.

I have found however that on the odd occasion when something does go wrong I find that the most recent snapshot is taken the day before. This can be frrustrating if something goes wrong after severa hours of updating records which is then lost by restoring from snapshot.
Is it possible that snapshots can be taken each time the project is saved or a button so that a snapshot is taken manually

Robert

Mike Tate

Robert,

Have you read the Help page for the Snapshots Manager?

i.e. File > Backup/Restore > Revert to Snapshot… Help button.

There is says: “At most one snapshot is taken each day.”

Auto-Save every 5 minutes should save Project GEDCOM updates so you only lose 5 minutes of work.

The Edit > Undo… command lets you reverse most recent changes.

But the only entirely secure method is to use File > Backup/Restore > and choose one of the options.

Small Backup is fine for GEDCOM only recovery and can be restored into your current Project.

Medium/Full Backups preserve more but need to create a new Project when restored.