Shortened place names

Ron Chapman

I have been trying to shorten a place name from

36 / 12 Zetland St., Darlington, County Durham, England

36 / 12 Zetland St., Darlington

in a Individual Narrative Report.

I thought I would use a Function in the Sentence like this

<at {=TextPart(%FACT.PLAC%,1,2)} >

but it does not seem to work.

Where am I going wrong?

Ron

Mike Tate

Ron,
It is never very helpful to just say it does not seem to work.
Exactly what does not seem to work in what way and in what context?
These Sentence Templates works for me:

{individual} was born {date}<at {=TextPart(%FACT.PLAC%,1,2)}>.

{individual's} birth was registered< by {role=informant}> {date}<at {=TextPart(%FACT.PLAC%,1,2)}>.

Mike