sharing gedcom

james o'kelly

having separated my father/mothers trees, can I now share it with other family members on gedcom.  Thanks

Mike Tate

Sorry, James, but you will have to give us a few more clues.

Your earlier posting was only about displaying separate Diagrams for different ancestral branches.

Would just sending the Diagram as a PDF be satisfactory?

What do your other family members possess that will display a GEDCOM file?

Do they also have Family Historian or some other genealogy product installed on their PC?

Will they expect Media photos and source documents included?

There is a guide in the FHUG Knowledge Base ~ Create an export Gedcom based on a diagram

https://www.fhug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=how_to:create_an_export_gedcom_based_on_a_diagram

If they don’t have FH installed or do want Media there are some extra steps needed.

Regards, Mike Tate