Set program to open on focus page

Colin_McCullough

Hi Folks
How do i Set the  program to open on the focus page with startup couple displayed ?????
I had to reinstall and restore backup file
All is functional except this
Advice appreciated
Colin
New Zealand

Neil Grantham

Colin

FH always opens with the Root Person focused (and of course their spouse/children)
In my case, it is me!
I once asked if it was possible to open on the last person edited - this was how the previous program I used worked - and I was shown how to easily find the most recently edited people using the records window.

If the person you want as Focus isn't actually showing as the program opens, then navigate to that person and then right click on them and select 'Make File Root'
Each subsequent time you open FH then that person will show - it says 'Root Person' in their name box.

I presume this is what you mean and that FH is opening with someone other than the desired person?

Best Wishes,

Neil

On Sunday, 28 June 2020, 10:31:18 BST, <madmac@...> wrote:

Hi Folks
How do i Set the  program to open on the focus page with startup couple displayed ?????
I had to reinstall and restore backup file
All is functional except this
Advice appreciated
Colin
New Zealand

Mike Tate

Hi Colin,

If the Records Window is being displayed initially instead of the Focus Window then check the following setting:

In Tools > Preferences > Startup untick Display the Records Window, instead of the Focus Window, at Startup.

If the wrong couple is being displayed, then bring your desired couple into focus, right-click on one of them and choose Make File Root.

In the File > Project Window is your preferred Project set as Default with a green tick?

If not then right-click its name and choose Set as Default Project.

I presume you used File > Backup/Restore > Restore Backup to restore your Project backup ZIP file.

Regards, Mike Tate

How do i Set the  program to open on the focus page with startup couple displayed ?????
I had to reinstall and restore backup file
All is functional except this
Advice appreciated
Colin
New Zealand

Lorna Craig

FH normally opens on the Focus window by default, unless you have deliberately changed this. The alternative is to open on the Records Window.  Use Tools>Preferences>Startup and un-tick ‘Display the Records Window, instead of Focus Window, at Startup’.

If the problem is just that the wrong person is showing in the Focus Window, then as Neil has said you need to set the File Root.

Lorna