separate family trees

james o'kelly

can I separate trees to print off? ie mothers family and fathers family

Lorna Craig

Do you mean to print off in diagram form?   If so, it's just a case of choosing the right root for the diagram.  Select the mother (in the Records Window or the Focus Window) and click the All Relatives diagram icon in the main toolbar to create a diagram which will contain all her relatives, plus her husband, but not her husband's relatives.

Do the same for the father to create a diagram containing all his relatives but not his wife's relatives.

Lorna

On 30/05/2020 20:03, james o'kelly wrote:
can I separate trees to print off? ie mothers family and fathers family

james o'kelly

thank you Lorna, I will try that, will let you know how it goes,

James

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 8:15 PM Lorna Craig via groups.io <l.m.craig=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:
Do you mean to print off in diagram form?   If so, it's just a case of
choosing the right root for the diagram.  Select the mother (in the
Records Window or the Focus Window) and click the All Relatives diagram
icon in the main toolbar to create a diagram which will contain all her
relatives, plus her husband, but not her husband's relatives.

Do the same for the father to create a diagram containing all his
relatives but not his wife's relatives.

Lorna

On 30/05/2020 20:03, james o'kelly wrote:
> can I separate trees to print off? ie mothers family and fathers family

james o'kelly

that worked a treat, so easy when you know how, thank you for your help Lorna

James