Reports without colored lines to show multiple relationships

casey.kevin@...

Good afternoon. The standard ancestor/descendant report from Family Historian handles "pedigree collapse"/shared ancestors with colored lines which show how the same individuals appears in several places in their relationship to the subject.

However, geneanet.org and other online services provide this same data graphically without showing the same name twice (an example is below). Is there any way Family Historian could be made to generate reports that only show the same individual once (if possible)?

Thank you,
Kevin

Michael Thomas

I have just seen this email from Kevin and I too would like to be able to produce a similar simple report. It would be good to be able to include photos or paintings as an option for the more recent generations..

I wrote to Mike Tate recently about what I called a ‘dropdown’ report but didn’t explain myself very well.

Thanks

Mike Thomas

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of casey.kevin@...
Sent: 20 September 2021 17:06
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: [family-historian] Reports without colored lines to show multiple relationships

Good afternoon. The standard ancestor/descendant report from Family Historian handles "pedigree collapse"/shared ancestors with colored lines which show how the same individuals appears in several places in their relationship to the subject.

However, geneanet.org and other online services provide this same data graphically without showing the same name twice (an example is below). Is there any way Family Historian could be made to generate reports that only show the same individual once (if possible)?

Thank you,
Kevin

Mike Tate

Just to be clear, in FH terms, these are Diagram charts and not Reports (which are just textual).

It is not possible to get FH to produce such Diagrams with common ancestors merged into one.

In the general case, there may be multiple common ancestors where that would not be possible.

The coloured ribbons can be suppressed, but that is all.

It might be possible to manually adjust the boxes on an FH Diagram to merge the common ancestor, but won’t be easy.

(Michael, I remember your question about Narrative Reports but you have not produced the old report from FH3 that you promised.)

Michael Thomas

Mike

Very occupied for the next few weeks so the old report will have to wait.

It seems that I have a lot to learn about the latest FH version and perhaps what I want is already there. Thanks for remembering.

Mike

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Tate
Sent: 20 September 2021 18:10
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Reports without colored lines to show multiple relationships

Just to be clear, in FH terms, these are Diagram charts and not Reports (which are just textual).

It is not possible to get FH to produce such Diagrams with common ancestors merged into one.

In the general case, there may be multiple common ancestors where that would not be possible.

The coloured ribbons can be suppressed, but that is all.

It might be possible to manually adjust the boxes on an FH Diagram to merge the common ancestor, but won’t be easy.

(Michael, I remember your question about Narrative Reports but you have not produced the old report from FH3 that you promised.)