From: Jane Taubman
Sent: Saturday, April 3, 2021 11:44 AM
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Repeated Trojan Attempts tonight

As you can see easily from your screen shot the program causing the problem is nothing to do with Family Historian and looks to be a Trojan located in your Windows folder.  Clicking on the blue link for Trojan should give you advice on what to do.

I recommend ensuring your Antivirus is fully upto date and do a full scan of your PC and if you still don't find the culprit contact the Malware Bytes support.

Neil Grantham

I also replied and it hasn’t come through yet - likely to be held if it had the image in it.

I’m not convinced it’s genuine, although SearchApp.exe is part of Windows, the one mentioned looked to have a suspicious path.

Best Wishes
Neil

Sent via BT Email App

I already replied to this but my message doesn’t seem to have come through. The problem is mentioned on the Malwarebytes forum as a ‘'false positive” & should be fixed by updating your Malwarebytes.
Ian

--
Neil Grantham
-------------------

Adrian Bruce

On Sat, Apr 3, 2021, 17:05 Neil Grantham via groups.io <neil40=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

... I’m not convinced it’s genuine, although SearchApp.exe is part of Windows, the one mentioned looked to have a suspicious path.

The folders in Windows\SystemApps all have weird endings. Most of mine end with cw5n1h2txyewy which looks like it might be the last part of the folder name in the screen shot.

The days are long gone when I could find my way round \Windows !!

Helen at Darlington

Thank you, all. I panicked a bit. Ian: Malwarebytes does do the occasional false positive, so thank you for that assurance. Maybe it was to do with Windows 10's dreadful search facility in the bottom left of the screen: I wouldn't mind getting rid of the useless thing! Like you, Adrian, I can no longer find my way around Windows!

John Liddle, Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Helen - I don't want to put a dampener on things, but I had the same Trojan warnings from Malwarebytes when using TMG rather than FH.

I ran a full scan with Norton and it found and removed a Trojan, since when, no more Malwarebytes messages.

You might care to consider a full virus sweep of your machine as a precaution.

Best wishes,

rob.cook-genes@...

Please take the warning seriously - I also found a Trojan called Trojan.Kryptik.AQ. My malware program SpyHunter identified and removed it (April 1st)

It appeared that when I tried to close FH, it just hung. I had MyHeritage website open at the time, so I’m not sure the origin of the Trojan.

Best wishes