Project 'scare'

Neil Grantham

I'm not sure what caused this, but it was a scary moment.

I opened FH7 this morning, after working on the project yesterday on another device - I use
OneDrive to share my project.

I got an error box to say ' A report has been generated detailing issues encountered while loading the file.

Clicked yes to view the file, which reads:

Family Historian Exception Report - Wednesday 14 Jul 2021

Lines marked "EXCLUDED:" indicate data which has not

been loaded, and explain why it wasn't loaded.

Indented lines marked "EXCLUDED BRANCH LINE:" indicate

data lines which are not necessarily invalid in

themselves but which have had to be excluded as a

consequence of excluding other lines.

Lines marked "INFO ONLY:" indicate data that has

been successfully loaded, but where special action

was needed to load it (e.g. GEDCOM errors detected

and automatically corrected by Family Historian).

--- Missing trailer record.

The numeric portion of Gedcom Ids have been retained as Record Ids. Use these to match entries to records.

There was an invitation to do further checks (Validation), which said there were no errors.

I then had absolutely nothing in my project!

Luckily, I was able to 'Restore from Snapshot' and don't seem to have lost anything.

All very odd though.

Interested to know if others have seen this or know the issue?

Best Wishes

Neil.

--
Neil Grantham

Did you give OneDrive time to synchronise with the Cloud either on the other device yesterday before closing or this morning after opening device?

It sounds like the GEDCOM file had not finished synchronising and has been truncated, losing records including its trailer terminator.

Mike Tate

Neil Grantham

I guess that's all it can be.

When closing the project, I always wait a good few minutes to ensure that it has synced before turning off.

At least the snapshot/backups are there to rescue me!

Best Wishes

Neil.