Printing

Victor Markham

Hi all

I have just learned something new about printing.

I printed a relationship list of my sister on a spreadsheet. Initially I saved the list then started pronting direct from FH software. It was good. I encountered a problem with my printer.

After sorting the problem out I stated printing the list from the saved spreadsheet. I was puzzled because the printing was not the same as direct from the FH. The FH stated it was 99 pages but the saved edition said it was 295 pages! So I went back to FH and got back to the FJH print.

A diffr3nce between the 2 is FH lists the page numbers, like Page 50 of 99. The saved version doesn't give any page numbers. Also FH gives the same heading on every page like Relationships of ... (my sisters name) The saved version dosn't give anything

Just thought I would make others aware of the two types of versions when it comes to svaing and printing

Victor

Mike Tate

Sorry Victor but you have lost me.
How are you printing a 99 page spreadsheet directly from FH?
Are you talking about a Query Result Set that can be printed in FH and also saved as a spreadsheet?
A little more clarification of exactly what commands you are using would help me understand.

Mike Tate

Victor Markham

Mike

sorry for the brevity of my message. This is something I have never done before

I will try to be more specific

On ther FH sofware I prompt View which opens a menu to Query then Relations and Relationship thern relation and nearest relations.

This opens a list

To print this I use the arrow show direct to printer

This results in the following page

When I save the details to file I prompt the save, as shown above and the print version ffrom the save imge is

Two different images from the same origins. The last image does not give any page numbers and is a geat deal more than the first one

Hope this clears things a bit

Victor

On 29/11/2021 11:37 am, Mike Tate wrote:

Sorry Victor but you have lost me.
How are you printing a 99 page spreadsheet directly from FH?
Are you talking about a Query Result Set that can be printed in FH and also saved as a spreadsheet?
A little more clarification of exactly what commands you are using would help me understand.

Mike Tate

colevalleygirl@colevalleygirl.co.uk

Victor,

It would be much easier for everyone concerned it you had posted your question on FHUG (where i kniw you have an account). At the very least, your attachments would not need a moderator to approve them there, and you would be accessing the same experts...

Mike Hall

Sorry both

I think I have received the emails in error - I haven't a clue about this
Mike Hall

On Mon, 29 Nov 2021 at 15:56, colevalleygirl@... <colevalleygirl@...> wrote:
Victor,

It would be much easier for everyone concerned it you had posted your question on FHUG (where i kniw you have an account). At the very least, your attachments would not need a moderator to approve them there, and you would be accessing the same experts...

colevalleygirl@colevalleygirl.co.uk

Mike H, as you're subscribed to the family-historian mailing list, you'll receive all emails sent to the group whether they're of interest to you or not. (and everyone will see your replies).  If a topic isn't of interest to you, visit groups.io/family-historian/topics, select the topic concerned and then 'Mute this topic'.

Mike Tate

I agree with Helen. It would have been much simpler to use the FHUG Forum.

You omitted an important detail ~ what type of file did you save to: PDF, CSV, Text?

Depending on the application program that handles those file types the printout can vary dramatically.

When I tried PDF, the saved file was virtually identical to the FH internal printed version with the same numbered pages, headings, etc.

Save to a CSV spreadsheet file and the printout format will depend on the spreadsheet program’s settings, page orientation, etc.

Save to a Text file which is plain text with no formatting and you lose tidy columns and page numbering.

I’m not sure what else you could have expected with those file types.

Mike Tate

Or click the ‘Mute This Topic’ link at the bottom of the Email message.