Plugin Store Discrepancies

Tom H

Inspecting the Plugin Store, I find a few more plugins compatible with fh7 (and fh6 and 1 for fh5) than are shown on the page Plugins for V7. I've not identified which ones but this spreadsheet shows the statistical discrepancy. I suspect it is due to an error in the website query that creates each version specific page. One can trust the main Plugins page and the All Plugins List page to be complete.

Tom H

On Sun, Dec 12, 2021 at 08:36 AM, Tom H wrote:
Inspecting the Plugin Store, I find a few more plugins compatible with fh7 (and fh6 and 1 for fh5) than are shown on the page Plugins for V7. I've not identified which ones but this spreadsheet shows the statistical discrepancy. I suspect it is due to an error in the website query that creates each version specific page. One can trust the main Plugins page and the All Plugins List page to be complete.
Extract from spreadsheet:
fh Version All Plugins List Plugins for V_ page
V7 86 82
V6 95 93
V5 81 80
All Plugins 113 113

Embedding the spreadsheet didn't work so I've pasted this extract.

David Potter

Hi Tom. Thank you firstly. FYI - I had no problem with the embedded spreadsheet link.

Kind Regards

David Potter

On Sun, 12 Dec 2021, 17:00 Tom H, <ve3meo@...> wrote:
On Sun, Dec 12, 2021 at 08:36 AM, Tom H wrote:
Inspecting the Plugin Store, I find a few more plugins compatible with fh7 (and fh6 and 1 for fh5) than are shown on the page Plugins for V7. I've not identified which ones but this spreadsheet shows the statistical discrepancy. I suspect it is due to an error in the website query that creates each version specific page. One can trust the main Plugins page and the All Plugins List page to be complete.
Extract from spreadsheet:
fh Version All Plugins List Plugins for V_ page
V7 86 82
V6 95 93
V5 81 80
All Plugins 113 113

Embedding the spreadsheet didn't work so I've pasted this extract.

Mike Tate

I’ve just been through all the FH V7 Standard, DEA & Report type plugins and compared the lists by eye with the All Plugins list and did not notice any discrepancy.

With your discrepancy of 4, I would have expected to spot at least one, but did not. So are your figures accurate?

[...]

As accurate as Google sheets queries and visual inspection of the number of rows and columns on each website page for each version. The latter are typically 4x4 but for V7 are 3x4 + 1x3. I'll do a one-by-one crosscheck this evening.

On Sun, Dec 12, 2021 at 10:39 AM, Mike Tate wrote:
I’ve just been through all the FH V7 Standard, DEA & Report type plugins and compared the lists by eye with the All Plugins list and did not notice any discrepancy.
The V7 discrepancy is with the page https://pluginstore.family-historian.co.uk/plugins-for-v7. It shows 82, instead of 86. I concur that if you look at the sub-menu pages by type, they total 86, matching the All Plugins List page and my stats.

I have posted a Support Ticket.

Tom H

The following are missing from the page which should have all plugins for V7:

Title Description Compatibility Type
Create Source Template Definitions This plugin creates Source Template Definitions from Source Templates generated directly within Family Historian or imported from another compatible application such as RootsMagic.(V1.0) V7 Standard
Lumped Source Splitter This plugin converts a lumped source into individual split sources and recombines duplicated citations created during import from another genealogy application.(V1.2) V5 V6 V7 Standard
Note Records with Options Report on one or more Note records with Custom Id or Note Text or user-chosen Heading Level 1 text and Privacy bracket text options.(V1.2) V7 Report
Place Exceptions Place records can misspell names or misplace plots so this plugin tries to identify such exceptions.(V1.1) V6 V7 Standard

A possibility is that Microsoft Edge is not rendering the page accurately but that seems unlikely if the All Plugins page delivers them as do the V7 pages for Standard plugins and for Report plugins.

Tom H

SOLVED: Ros from Family Historian Support responded 5 hours ago to my ticket thanking me for the feedback and detailed information. Quick checks of the version specific pages that list all the plugins for that version now show the counts increased and  matching those of the All Plugins List and All Plugins page. Minor issue resolved.