Order of Place & Address on Outline report (V6)

Lesley Lambourne

Example of my problem with a Descendant Outline report:

Bom 1869, Islington, Middlesex.4'5 Bap 2 Apr 1869, Islington, Middlesex.6 St James, Pentonville. Died 26 Oct 1877, Islington, Middlesex.4'7 14 Hollingsworth Street. Cause: Rheumtaic mitral disease. Buried 1 Nov 1877, Islington, Middlesex. Burial Ground, Finchley.

Having the address after the place is, in my opinion a bit messy (though I'm sure there is a good reason). My question - is it possible to persuade the report to say (for example)  Died 26 Oct 1877, 14 Hollingsworth Street, Islington, Middlesex.4'7The narrative report doesn't include the address information, so the descendant outline appears to be the most useful for creating a readable document for relatives, but it will be very laborious to go through and move the address information

Would upgrading to version 7 sort this out? I'd been hoping to put that off until I've finished my current piece of work ....

Victor Markham

If you use Ancestral Sources you will be abe to add these details

Victor

On 12/04/2021 11:17 am, Lesley Lambourne wrote:

[...]

Victor, I don’t need to add any details – they are all there. I used (and always use) Ancestral Sources for adding the sources. The information is in the correct fields on the profile and the source text from AS  looks like this:

Certified Copy of an Entry of Death

1877 Death in Islington, Middlesex

No: 23

When and where died: 26 Oct 1877 14 Hollingworth Road, Islington

Name and Surname: Joseph William Frost

Sex: male

Age: 8

Occupation: son of John Frost

Cause of Death: Rheumtaic mitral disease Certified G Whittingham

Signature, description and residence of informant: Sarah Richardson Mother 14 Hollingworth Road, Islington

When Registered: 29 Oct 1877

Signature of registrar: W H Messer

The issue I have is the order of the information output from FH ….

[...]

Mike Tate

Lesley,

There is not much you can do with the Descendant Outline report and FH V7 is no better.

I do suggest you use its Report > Options > Main tab and choose a Layout Events and Attributes option to put each fact on a separate line.

In FH V7 that offers a bullet list, but the Address still comes after the Place.

With a Narrative Descendants by Generation report, it is possible to incorporate the Address into the sentence before the Place.

You need to use Tools > Fact Types… and for each relevant fact Edit its Sentence Template to include the {address} code.

e.g. {individual} died <of {cause}> {date}}< at {address}> {place} {age}.

He died of Rheumatic mitral disease on 26 Oct 1877 at 14 Hollingsworth Street in Islington, Middlesex.

Lesley Lambourne

Thank you Mike, I did wonder if I could tweak the narrative. I will try that – it’s a much more sensible.
Thanks also for the tip about the report >Options >Main tab; sometimes I can’t see for looking!