Old question

Edward Sneithe

I have asked this question before and received a very well thought out response that worked well.

I want to be able to test in a fact sentence (ie. birth/baptism or death/burial ) to see if there was also a baptism and be able to combine those two facts into a single sentence.

The reason I am re-asking the question is that I just had a catastrophic disk failure and this information was lost. I just finished reinstalling FH 7.0.7 and found that many items have been lost through my error.

Any help with this would be great

Mike Tate

Edward, did you not backup your customisations? If not, why not?

Use the Backup and Restore Family Historian Settings plugin and save the backup wherever you save your Project backups.

The essence of testing for facts involves such as {=TextIf(Exists(%CUR_PRIN.BIRT%),"Yes","No" )}

Replace BIRT with BAPM, DEAT or BURI as necessary.

Replace “Yes” and “No” with whatever sentence constructors you need.

However, you cannot use codes such as {individual} or {date} or {place} only data refs and functions.

Mike Tate

Edward Sneithe

Mike,

Thanks for the response.

I usually backup but for some reason I forgot. As I rebuild my PC I am working out a scheme with multiple hard drives internal and at least one external. This was totally my fault and I should know better.

It looks like in addition to a bad drive I now also have a bad data cable for the second drive. My PC is the gift that keeps on giving.