Missing photographs in .pdfs of trees

Sidney Katzen

Hello.
Has anyone noticed with the new .pdf setup, that picture-icons in trees have disappeared.  The included photographs are there OK in .jpg versions. Prior to Version 7.03 there was no problem with trees, although of course, reports were a mess .

Mike Tate

Hi Sidney,

If you mean the photo shown in each person’s box then they are OK in the PDF I have produced using V7.0.3.

Have you checked that the Family Historian PDF printer driver is being used and its Properties are sensible?

_._,_._,_

Victor Markham

Am I the only one who has never used PDF?

I save all my narrative reports in Rch Text Format then save them again in Word. I edit thigs from there includng making the images bigger. This includes census images which I rotate and make them cover a whole page

Victor

On 31/03/2021 11:29 am, Mike Tate wrote:

Hi Sidney,

If you mean the photo shown in each person’s box then they are OK in the PDF I have produced using V7.0.3.

Have you checked that the Family Historian PDF printer driver is being used and its Properties are sensible?

Mike Tate

Victor, this thread is about Diagram PDF not Report PDF.

It is not possible to save a Diagram in Rich Text Format!

Neil Grantham

Works fine for me.

Make sure the Family Historian PDF printer is selected.

That said, Adobe Acrobat and MS PDF printers worked the same and created diagrams with images

Best Wishes

Neil.

------ Original Message ------
To: family-historian@groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, 31 Mar, 2021 At 10:30
Subject: [family-historian] Missing photographs in .pdfs of trees

Hello.
Has anyone noticed with the new .pdf setup, that picture-icons in trees have disappeared. The included photographs are there OK in .jpg versions. Prior to Version 7.03 there was no problem with trees, although of course, reports were a mess .

--
Neil Grantham
-------------------
Using FH 7 & AS 7
Researching Grantham, Skuce, Barrow, Birchall.

Sidney Katzen

Well, with guidance from Martin at Calico, I restarted my PC and voila, the photograph/icons appeared again!

Mike Tate

Yes, if you are in the habit of only letting your PC ‘Sleep’ or you ‘Shutdown’ and reboot then in Windows 10 things can stay broken.

A PC ‘Restart’ is a magic ‘cure all’ because it rebuilds most of your profile from scratch which those other modes do not.

Ron Chapman

I too am having this problem. If I click on Diagram/Save Diagram As/PDF file (.pdf)... The Save as PDF File opens. The result is the same whichever option I choose. The Print box opens. The Printer is set at Family Historian PDF. I get the Family Historian PDF - Save PDF File As. At the top is this box highlighted in Red Family Historian Profile (Private Profile) The preview open without pictures in the boxes.

Alternatively
File/Print Select Family Historian PDF Printer. Straight to Family Historian PDF - Save PDF File As. At the top is this box highlighted in Red Family Historian Profile (Private Profile) The preview open without pictures in the boxes.
Ron

Victor Markham

I have never saved any diagrams as PDF file I always save them as JPEG file. It lists the number of pages ypou can select. I have saved one covering 16 pages and this appears tiny but using my mouse I make them bigger. I have never printed any though.

Victor

On 31/03/2021 10:27 pm, Ron Chapman wrote:
I too am having this problem. If I click on Diagram/Save Diagram As/PDF file (.pdf)... The Save as PDF File opens. The result is the same whichever option I choose. The Print box opens. The Printer is set at Family Historian PDF. I get the Family Historian PDF - Save PDF File As. At the top is this box highlighted in Red Family Historian Profile (Private Profile) The preview open without pictures in the boxes.

Alternatively
File/Print Select Family Historian PDF Printer. Straight to Family Historian PDF - Save PDF File As. At the top is this box highlighted in Red Family Historian Profile (Private Profile) The preview open without pictures in the boxes.
Ron

Neil Grantham

Victor

If you don't want to print it, the PDF option is a good one, as most people can access it via the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.

There is a nice option to fit it all to one page, so you can zoom and scroll all in one window without having to open (or even print) multiple jpg files

Best Wishes

Neil.

------ Original Message ------
To: family-historian@groups.io
Sent: Thursday, 1 Apr, 2021 At 08:58
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Missing photographs in .pdfs of trees

I have never saved any diagrams as PDF file I always save them as JPEG file. It lists the number of pages ypou can select. I have saved one covering 16 pages and this appears tiny but using my mouse I make them bigger. I have never printed any though.

Victor

On 31/03/2021 10:27 pm, Ron Chapman wrote:

Alternatively
Ron

--
Neil Grantham
-------------------
Using FH 7 & AS 7
Researching Grantham, Skuce, Barrow, Birchall.