Missing Emails

Clive Spratt

Can anyone explain why I often miss group emails please?  My last email from the group is dated 4 May.

--
CliveSpratt

Mike Tate

I assume you are talking about these FH groups.io messages.
Have you checked your spam/trash folder?

-----Original Message-----
From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Clive Spratt via groups.io
Sent: 10 June 2022 20:30
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: [family-historian] Missing Emails

Can anyone explain why I often miss group emails please? My last email from the group is dated 4 May.

--
CliveSpratt

Clive Spratt

Yes Mike.  I have also checked every sub-folder under my Inbox.

On 10/06/2022 20:53, Mike Tate wrote:

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Clive Spratt via groups.io

Can anyone explain why I often miss group emails please? My last email from the group is dated 4 May.
--
CliveSpratt

Mike Tate

Do you collect your Emails directly from the service provider's website via a browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge, and often referred to as webmail?

Or do you use a client such as Microsoft Outlook or Thunderbird?

If the latter then try using webmail to check the service provider's folders and Email filter rules.
They may be filtering messages into their web spam folder so they never reach your client.

Mike Tate

Sent: 10 June 2022 21:07
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Missing Emails

Yes Mike. I have also checked every sub-folder under my Inbox.

--
CliveSpratt

Harold C.

Another thing to check is if you have mail being forwarded from one service provider to another.  For example, some of my mail is forwarded from an old Gmail account to my outlook email account.  Occasionally I have had a situation where mail gets caught by a Gmail filter and does not get forwarded from one service to another.

Doug Byway

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Mike suggested unsubscribing from the group messages, then re-subscribing.
This worked for me. 
I also opted to receive just one consolidated e-mail per week, which I receive OK.

Doug

Clive Spratt

Hello again Mike,
I have always used MS Outlook for my emails and for a long time have wondered why I seem to miss some FH group emails.
That is why I recently changed to using Thunderbird to check whether it would make a difference, but it has not.

I always use Firefox as my web browser; although Mr Microsoft always tries to persuade me to use MS Edge.

Over the weekend I checked my emails in my BT account and there does not appear to be any missed emails. The spam box had 7 emails including
a couple from BT, but no FH group emails.

Have you any more suggestion please?
Clive Spratt

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Tate
Sent: 10 June 2022 21:50

Do you collect your Emails directly from the service provider's website via a browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge, and often referred to as webmail?

If the latter then try using webmail to check the service provider's folders and Email filter rules.
They may be filtering messages into their web spam folder so they never reach your client.

Mike Tate

--
CliveSpratt

--
CliveSpratt

Mike Tate

I can only suggest what Doug Byway suggested.
Unsubscribe and then subscribe again.
Hopefully, that will reset things.

Sent: 13 June 2022 14:22

Hello again Mike,
I have always used MS Outlook for my emails and for a long time have wondered why I seem to miss some FH group emails.
That is why I recently changed to using Thunderbird to check whether it would make a difference, but it has not.

I always use Firefox as my web browser; although Mr Microsoft always tries to persuade me to use MS Edge.

Over the weekend I checked my emails in my BT account and there does not appear to be any missed emails. The spam box had 7 emails including a couple from BT, but no FH group emails.

Clive Spratt

colevalleygirl@colevalleygirl.co.uk

Have you checked your 'bounces'? It may be that your mailing host is failing intermittently or rejecting emails for reasons other than thinking they're spam.

https://groups.io/helpcenter/membersmanual/1/understanding-groups-io-accounts/handling-a-bouncing-account

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Tate
Sent: 13 June 2022 16:22

Sent: 13 June 2022 14:22

Hello again Mike,

Over the weekend I checked my emails in my BT account and there does not appear to be any missed emails. The spam box had 7 emails including a couple from BT, but no FH group emails.

Clive Spratt

Robert Flood

You could also try looking at your e-mail security settings and mark groups.io as a safe sender.

Robert

------ Original Message ------
Sent: Monday, 13 Jun, 22 At 16:34

Have you checked your 'bounces'? It may be that your mailing host is failing intermittently or rejecting emails for reasons other than thinking they're spam.

https://groups.io/helpcenter/membersmanual/1/understanding-groups-io-accounts/handling-a-bouncing-account

Victor Markham

Hi Mike

I use Thunderbird and a lot of emails end in my junk folder. These emails usually end with .outlook or .gmail there are other endings

When they are in my junk folder I open a menu which gives me a list of choices one is 'not junk' I tend to click this. The message then goes into my in box but doesn't stay there long as it returns to my junk folder. After about 3 attempts it returns to my junk folder in bright red colour

I am not quite sure how to check the service providers website. I use Firefox

I think I better discuss this matter with my son next time I see him as he set things up. Hope we can sort it out by text messages on Single

Victor

On 10/06/2022 21:50, Mike Tate wrote:

Mike Tate

Clive Spratt

Hi Mike,
I unsubscribed and then resubscribed and now am getting all group emails, many thanks,
Clive Spratt

Sent: 13 June 2022 16:22

--
CliveSpratt