Merging GED's

Richard Clark

Hi..Can I have some guidance as to merging 2 different .GED files when there may be some duplication.

regards Rich C

Mike Tate

Hi Richard,

Start with the guidance in the FHUG Knowledge Base ‘Merge/Compare File’

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/merge-compare-file/

FH automatically tries to synchronise duplicated records.

The key points are:

Make sure both Projects containing the GEDCOM files are fully tidied and FH compatible without any UDF, etc.

When using the Merge dialogue ensure that every tab is reviewed otherwise you will get lots of duplication.

Mike Tate