Media Records

mail@...

I have lost several photos from Media Records and am unable to retrieve them.
Thus I would like to cancel the entries.
How do I do that?
Many thanks
Ian

Trevor Rix

The first thing to try is Tools menu > Work With External File Links > Auto Repair Links.

Don't cancel (delete) any entries.

Mike Tate

Ian,

Yes, Tools > External File Links and its Auto Repair Links button as shown below may recover your file links.

If not, there may be other solutions...

Your missing files will be marked with an X instead of a yellow file icon in the File Links pane.

Are those missing files listed under Project Data Folder – Media or a subfolder such as Census – 1871 – Scotland as shown below?

If so, then do you have any FH Project Backup – ZIP files that may contain those missing files?

Alternatively, are those missing files listed in File Links under the C: drive and might be recovered from other backups?

It would help us give specific instructions if you can tell us the Current Project Folder as shown below.

Usually, it should involve Family Historian Projects and the name of your Project.

If all else fails, then deleting Media records is the same as any other records via the Records Window.

See https://www.fhug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=how_to:delete_a_large_number_of_records

A screenshot of a cell phone

Description automatically generated

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Trevor Rix
Sent: 08 March 2020 23:32
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Media Records

The first thing to try is Tools menu > Work With External File Links > Auto Repair Links.

Don't cancel (delete) any entries.

Virus-free. www.avast.com