From: "Robert Newberry via groups.io" <bob.newberry@...>
To: family-historian@groups.io
Sent: Saturday, 30 Jan, 2021 At 12:21
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Marrying Cousins

Thanks so much Mike, let me study this and get back to you later.
Best wishes.
Bob

On 30 Jan 2021, at 11:11, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

Hi Bob,

If you think about it, when cousins marry, they have joined two branches of the same family tree.

So the FH Diagram reflects that by showing both branches.

Presumably, you are getting coloured ribbons linking the people who exist in both branches?

I’m not sure what you mean by linking to the shared grandparents.

You need to select one cousin, and when adding their spouse, select the other existing cousin.

The grandparents should not be involved in the process, but will become common shared ancestors.

How the Diagram is displayed depends on who you choose as the Starting Person for the root of the Diagram.

Sometimes only one branch is displayed initially, but if both are shown then one can easily be hidden.

Also, there are options to adjust the coloured ribbons. See Diagram > Options > General tab Check for duplicates & Options button.

It is difficult to give precise advice without seeing your Diagram.

Unfortunately, screenshots in this Email forum must be reviewed manually by administrators, so may take some time to get through.

The FHUG Forum https://www.fhug.org.uk/forum/ is much faster.

Mike Tate