Manually Reorder events

Karin Schuette Weiss

I think I should be able to reorder facts in the property box, using the arrow keys
on the toolbar below the list of facts.  But those arrow keys never do anything at
all.

Specifically, in many cases in the late 1800s I will have an obituary which appeared
in a newspaper the same day the person died.  And the obituary usually ends up appearing
first in the property box.  I could change the obit date and make it work, but then it
would be the wrong date.  I would just like to use that down arrow to move it.

What am I missing?  There must be a way to do this.  I think I have read that Version
7 of FH will have sort dates - that would be great.  It would take care of this problem.
In the meantime, is there some other way?

Thanks.

Lorna Craig

Hi Karin,

It depends how you have recorded the obituary.  Have you created a custom fact for obituaries?  If so, you may have left the 'Normal Time Frame' for the fact at the default setting of 'Life'.  FH will always put an event with a Life time frame before the death event.    If you have a custom fact like this, use Tools>Fact Types, select the obituary fact then click Edit and change the Normal Time Frame to Post-Death.

Lorna

On 21/06/2020 16:22, Karin Schuette Weiss wrote:
I think I should be able to reorder facts in the property box, using the arrow keys
on the toolbar below the list of facts.  But those arrow keys never do anything at
all.

Specifically, in many cases in the late 1800s I will have an obituary which appeared
in a newspaper the same day the person died.  And the obituary usually ends up appearing
first in the property box.  I could change the obit date and make it work, but then it
would be the wrong date.  I would just like to use that down arrow to move it.

What am I missing?  There must be a way to do this.  I think I have read that Version
7 of FH will have sort dates - that would be great.  It would take care of this problem.
In the meantime, is there some other way?

Thanks.

Karin Schuette Weiss

Lorna,

That was it.  Easy fix.  Thank you.