Making my family tree diagrams more readable

Dave

Is there a video tutorial anywhere on tips for making my family tree diagrams prettier and more readable?  I have a lot of relatives in my tree, but when I generate diagrams they aren't as aesthetic as I'd like. Thank you.

Mike Tate

There are various techniques for customising Diagrams.

Many of them are in the Diagram > Options tab settings or the Diagram menu commands.

If you could explain the deficiencies more specifically then it would be easier to give appropriate advice.

In what format do you need them to be more readable? On-screen, in a PDF file, printed on paper?

Are these the sort of styles you might be interested in?

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/download/family-group-chart-3/

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/download/fancy-fan-chart-about-com-3/

Is there a video tutorial anywhere on tips for making my family tree diagrams prettier and more readable?  I have a lot of relatives in my tree, but when I generate diagrams they aren't as aesthetic as I'd like. Thank you.

Lorna Craig

I don’t think there is a video tutorial which covers all the aspects. Is the main problem that the diagram doesn’t look attractive or that it is difficult to interpret?

If the problem is that the diagram is too ‘cluttered’ for easy interpretation you might find the Movement Control Box useful.  You can access this from the Diagram menu > Enable Moving/Resizing.  Then click the Help button in the Movement Control Box for more guidance.   This lets you move various parts of a diagram to space out the different branches more clearly, or hide them completely, or expand and move individual boxes (within some constraints).

Is there a video tutorial anywhere on tips for making my family tree diagrams prettier and more readable?  I have a lot of relatives in my tree, but when I generate diagrams they aren't as aesthetic as I'd like. Thank you.

_._,_._,_