Internet Matches - no updating in FHv7 once accepted/rejected

ianpmitchell@...

I have several cases where I have new hints in FH for Findmypast, I click on them and a web page opens in Chrome and I accept/reject them. When I go back into FH they are still there but clicking on the hint takes me to a web page that says "You have new hints".

I don't remember seeing this before with V6 but then I was using the FH browser.

I have shutdown FH and it still shows new hints.

Is there feedback from the Chrome hints back to FH?

Sue Herrington

I am still using FH6 but an external browser for hints. I have exactly the same problem as you describe,  although the hints do sometimes clear after shutting down and re-opening.

Sue

On Wed, 20 Jan 2021, 12:39 ianpmitchell via groups.io, <ianpmitchell=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have several cases where I have new hints in FH for Findmypast, I click on them and a web page opens in Chrome and I accept/reject them. When I go back into FH they are still there but clicking on the hint takes me to a web page that says "You have new hints".

I don't remember seeing this before with V6 but then I was using the FH browser.

I have shutdown FH and it still shows new hints.

Is there feedback from the Chrome hints back to FH?

Paul Reeve

They don't clear automatically if you are using an external browser. Hover the mouse over the circle with the number of hbints and then click on the "refresh" circular arrow to the right. That should clear it (it does for me) - I am also using v6.

Paul

Sue Herrington

Thanks Paul, that had never occurred to me, probably because I’ve only recently switched from viewing hints within the program.

Sue

Sent from Mail for Windows 10