Importing media to TNG

Mark Lewis <marklewis56@...>

Hello FH group.

Having some trouble importing photo media into TNG consistently.

I upload media files to the server ok and import media from the file server to the media list
I regenerate thumbnails ok and have 74 files

Then I import the Gedcom which multiplies the number of media by roughly 2, with some media linked, others not

Herewith a graphic version of the above: shorturl.at/jtyKR

Any clues appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mark Lewis

Mark Lewis <marklewis56@...>

Sorry that shortened link doesn’t seem to work. Herewith the original Evernote

On 16 Jun 2021, at 16:14, Mark Lewis via groups.io <marklewis56@...> wrote:

Hello FH group.

Having some trouble importing photo media into TNG consistently.

I upload media files to the server ok and import media from the file server to the media list
I regenerate thumbnails ok and have 74 files

Then I import the Gedcom which multiplies the number of media by roughly 2, with some media linked, others not

Herewith a graphic version of the above: shorturl.at/jtyKR

Any clues appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mark Lewis

Mike Tate

Mark,

Are you using the ‘Export Gedcom File’ plugin?

If not then it is doomed to failure due to FH special Media features in the FH GEDCOM.

The plugin has settings dedicated to TNG and is used successfully by many FH users.

You may do better to post in the FHUG Forum ‘Importing and Exporting’ to obtain their advice.

Regards, Mike Tate