Identify all uk members of my project at time of census

James Pam

How do I create a list of all individuals in my project with a UK address who were alive at the time of the 1939 Register/Census? I could then work through the list to ensure that their census information has been recorded.

Mike Tate

James,

It is easy to produce a list of everyone alive on 29 Sep 1939.

Use the standard Query ‘Estimated Alive At’ and select that Date.

Testing for those with a UK address gets trickier.

Which of all the facts recorded against a person are you going to use to decide definitely shows they were in the UK in 1939?

That gets very complicated to achieve using a Query.

Try the ‘Lookup Missing Census Events’ plugin which reviews all the Census dates including the 1939 UK Register.

It tries to assess all the facts to determine who lived where.

If you sort the search results into date order that will show who is missing from each Census in date order.