I need help!

kbi

Hi,
I had three or four years recovering from a stroke and only now feel good enough to start again. I was doing OK with v5 and it is sufficient for what I want to do. I am not extremely 100% now but good enough to finish the job.
  The problem is something I noticed today that the dates on some of the photo's is are out of sync with the present date. They are not all the same.

I have tried everything but nothing works.
Please help.

Kerry Irwin

Mike Tate

Hi Kerry,

Sorry to hear about your problems.

You will have to be a bit more specific about where you are looking at the photo dates.

e.g. Are you looking in the Individual Property Box on its Media tab where there is a Date column?

I don’t understand what you mean by being out of sync with the present date.

The date associated with a photo is usually the date the photo was taken and so will not all be the same.

You say you have tried everything but have not said exactly what you tried.

It would help us to know what you tried to fix the problem.

Regards, Mike Tate

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of kbi@...
Sent: 31 May 2022 10:18
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: [family-historian] I need help!

Hi,
I had three or four years recovering from a stroke and only now feel good enough to start again. I was doing OK with v5 and it is sufficient for what I want to do. I am not extremely 100% now but good enough to finish the job.
  The problem is something I noticed today that the dates on some of the photo's is are out of sync with the present date. They are not all the same.

Please help.

Kerry Irwin

kbi

Hi there Mike,

Your advice regarding the dates on the photo's was spot on. I don't know why I didn't click on to it.

I do have another problem however. How does one delete things I made a mistake with when I was putting it in the project and how does one delete a photo from the media?

I must admit that there is a certain amount of aggro I get over the way the powers that be put my photo's in the cloud. I don't know how to get them out.

Anyway I guess that is just me having a gripe lol.

Kind regards,

Kerry

On 31/05/2022 9:40 pm, Mike Tate wrote:

Hi Kerry,

You will have to be a bit more specific about where you are looking at the photo dates.

e.g. Are you looking in the Individual Property Box on its Media tab where there is a Date column?

The date associated with a photo is usually the date the photo was taken and so will not all be the same.

Regards, Mike Tate

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of kbi@...

Hi,

Please help.

Kerry Irwin

Mike Tate

Hi Kerry,

When asking for help with problems please be more specific and describe exactly what help you need.

Exactly what ‘things’ do you need to delete? Records, Facts, Media, Queries, etc…

See the FHUG Knowledge Base ‘Delete One or Many Records’ and ‘Delete a Custom Diagram, Fact Set, Plugin, Query, Record Flag, Report, etc’:

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/delete-one-or-many-records/

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/delete-a-custom-diagram-fact-set-plugin-query-record-flag-report-etc/

The first of those explains how to delete Media records and the associated Media files.

Regards, Mike Tate

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of kbi
Sent: 01 June 2022 07:17
Subject: Re: [family-historian] I need help!

Hi there Mike,

Your advice regarding the dates on the photo's was spot on. I don't know why I didn't click on to it.

I do have another problem however. How does one delete things I made a mistake with when I was putting it in the project and how does one delete a photo from the media?

I must admit that there is a certain amount of aggro I get over the way the powers that be put my photo's in the cloud. I don't know how to get them out.

Kind regards,

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

Regards, Mike Tate

Hi,

Please help.

Kerry Irwin

kbi

Hi Mike,

You have got me worried now by asking me what help I need. It takes me ages to type just the small amount that I do and all I want is just basic stuff. Media is my one problem.

Any way I only want one more thing if you can. Backups don't seem to work as when I try to see them I get "not a valid path" among other things. There should be one line or two with the data on one line and the project on the other?

If I go further I get the data in "media"  Then I get the GEDCOM and it is good except it does not have the pictures with it.

I had a read and it said to go to tools >external files etc but it doesn't  tell me much as I don't understand it. I get "Project Data Folder" then "Media" and then a list of the people. Is that correct or not?

Finally I thought I would backup to a DVD but I can't see how to do it. Can you tell me!

I hope I have been more specific but just bear with me as I'm nearly finished.

Regards

Kerry

On 1/06/2022 9:00 pm, Mike Tate wrote:

Hi Kerry,

When asking for help with problems please be more specific and describe exactly what help you need.

Exactly what ‘things’ do you need to delete? Records, Facts, Media, Queries, etc…

See the FHUG Knowledge Base ‘Delete One or Many Records’ and ‘Delete a Custom Diagram, Fact Set, Plugin, Query, Record Flag, Report, etc’:

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/delete-one-or-many-records/

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/delete-a-custom-diagram-fact-set-plugin-query-record-flag-report-etc/

The first of those explains how to delete Media records and the associated Media files.

Regards, Mike Tate

Sent: 01 June 2022 07:17

Hi there Mike,

Kind regards,

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

Regards, Mike Tate

Hi,

Please help.

Kerry Irwin

Mike Tate

Hi Kerry,

Did the links to the FHUG Knowledge Base help explain how to delete ‘things’?

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/delete-one-or-many-records/ explains how to delete Media.

I think you are talking about restoring from FH Backup ZIP files?

To do that you must use the FH command File > Backup/Restore > Restore Backup… as explained in:

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/backup-and-recovery/ under ‘Restoring data’.

Regards, Mike Tate

Sent: 02 June 2022 10:45

Hi Mike,

You have got me worried now by asking me what help I need. It takes me ages to type just the small amount that I do and all I want is just basic stuff. Media is my one problem.

Any way I only want one more thing if you can. Backups don't seem to work as when I try to see them I get "not a valid path" among other things. There should be one line or two with the data on one line and the project on the other?

If I go further I get the data in "media"  Then I get the GEDCOM and it is good except it does not have the pictures with it.

I had a read and it said to go to tools >external files etc but it doesn't  tell me much as I don't understand it. I get "Project Data Folder" then "Media" and then a list of the people. Is that correct or not?

Finally I thought I would backup to a DVD but I can't see how to do it. Can you tell me!

Regards

Kerry

kbi

Dear Mike,

I have got everything working now. Thanks very much for your help. I don't think I will need you again but of course one never sure .

Thanks again,

Kerry Irwin

On 3/06/2022 2:14 am, Mike Tate wrote:

Hi Kerry,

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/delete-one-or-many-records/ explains how to delete Media.

To do that you must use the FH command File > Backup/Restore > Restore Backup… as explained in:

Regards, Mike Tate

Hi Mike,

Regards

Kerry

kbi

"One can never be sure" it should have read.

I would like to do a whole page on someone but can I do that in FH or not.

Kerry Irwin

On 3/06/2022 11:36 pm, kbi wrote:

Dear Mike,

I have got everything working now. Thanks very much for your help. I don't think I will need you again but of course one never sure .

Thanks again,

Kerry Irwin

On 3/06/2022 2:14 am, Mike Tate wrote:

Hi Kerry,

Regards, Mike Tate

Hi Mike,

Regards

Kerry

Mike Tate

Yes, the there are several Publish report options:

Individual Summary Report

Narrative Reports > Individual Narrative

Outline Reports (Ancestor or Descendant) with Generations = 1

Record Detail Reports > Individuals

They all have various Report Options you can adjust.

Sent: 03 June 2022 22:29

"One can never be sure" it should have read.

I would like to do a whole page on someone but can I do that in FH or not.

Kerry Irwin