How to suppress the full stop after a note.

Ron Chapman

A full seems to be added after an note in a sentence as displayed in a Narrative report but not as displayed in the sentence box in a Fact

e.g.. Fact

Resulting sentence

In the Narrative Report

Note the full stop after "Troop Ship Convoy" The lack of a space character and the Capital I in "In".

Can I stop this from happening?

Ron

Lorna Craig

(Apologies to list moderators - I forgot to remove the images from the original message when I first replied to this, so that reply will be delayed.  This is my reply without the images.)

Ron, I suspect that when {note} is inserted into a sentence template a full stop is always added at the end of the note when it appears in a narrative report.  And FH then cleverly knows that the next sentence should start with a capital letter, so 'In' has a capital letter.

You could get round it by placing the {note} at the end. The sentence in the report will then read "On the 8 February in the Arabian Sea HMS Westcott joined the Troop Ship Convoy."  It's not ideal, but better.

Lorna

On 04/02/2021 14:32, Ron Chapman wrote:

A full seems to be added after an note in a sentence as displayed in a Narrative report but not as displayed in the sentence box in a Fact

Ron Chapman

Thanks Lorna, I had worked out what was happening but it is odd that it appears as I want it in sentence displayed in the fact but not narrative report. I have had to rearrange things a few times to overcome this.

Many thanks, Ron

On 04/02/2021 15:41, Lorna Craig via groups.io wrote:

[...]

Mike Tate

Ron,

That is a bug that should be reported to Calico Pie.

Not only is it inserting the full stop but it is not leaving a space.

It did not behave like that in FH V6 and did not insert any full stop.

It gets worse if you add rich text formatting to the Note.

The Note text gets put on a new line on its own as if surround by <br> before and after.

Mike